How many strats before you give up?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72979
    For anyone who thinks a Strat bridge pickup is too weedy...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2272
    I used a strat exclusively for some years then 10 years ago I traded it. Last month I bought a 61nos custom shop and very pleased with it.

I now have all the classic sounds except for a tele. That's next when I sell a bass. 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6821
    Ancho Poblano.....
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1505
    I have about 16 Strats.  I got my first one in 1982 and still have it (though it was a Fernandes Revival).  I think picked up a 1960 and a 1963 in quick succession (the prices were right for both).  The 1960 had a humbucker in the bridge, which is something I like, but I also like the Strat bridge pickup too.  Since then I have built several and have 4 Bravewoods, one which was copied from a 1957 Start that I got on eBay for silly money when you could still get bargains there.  For all of you who love Tele's, this is a hardtail Strat that I built

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hick81Hick81 Frets: 122
    Strat54 said:
    J.D.Simo showing us that the Strat bridge pickup isn't really so weedy after all. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1EgQYFaOwM
    Man, I want a Strat so bad now! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23534
    Hick81 said:
    Strat54 said:
    J.D.Simo showing us that the Strat bridge pickup isn't really so weedy after all. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1EgQYFaOwM
    Man, I want a Strat so bad now! 
    I hope he got the job, but he could've tidied up his hair.
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    Been playing on and off for 35 years and only this weekend got my first Strat. 2016 MIM Standard. 
    The position of the volume pot has always put me off previously,  the side of my hand hits others I have played.

Let's see how we get on.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3960
    One. If you don't get it by then, you probably never will.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27661
    Lebarque said:
    One. If you don't get it by then, you probably never will.
    I was going to suggest trying something with wider polepieces in the bridge, or an HSS, or whatever, but then I saw this and it's probably the best answer. 

Don't worry about it - we don't all have to like everything. 

I went to Nashville hoping to find myself a *really* nice Strat after years of playing the frankenstein that is my old modded Squier Standard. Even after trying a bunch of vintage things (including potentially that one in the JD Simo vid - that shop is AMAZING) I came to the conclusion that all I need is a slightly different neck and I'll be very happy with what I have right now and I'll have the perfect Strat for my needs. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires