Yes I know I know I shouldn't .... I bought another jcm800 !

What's Hot
riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
I know I've been looking for something with a lead channel but I just couldn't resist .....

one of my friends offered me his 1988 jcm800 2204 . I know the amp and its history , he's had it around 10 years and it's never left the house. I know it'll be in good nick and I know the money will help my friend out . Plus it was too good a deal to pass up.

I do love em ! I'm gonna downsize my 4x12 to a decent 2x12 and see if I can use pedals to get a rhythmn/lead sound .
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72525
    Well done. You now have the right gear to get exactly what you want... all you need is an A/B head switching box :).

2204 - rhythm. 2203 - lead. Simples.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Win all round :) What are you thinking for the 2x12? Matching 800 cab?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    clarkefan said:
    Win all round :) What are you thinking for the 2x12? Matching 800 cab?
    Haven't thought that far ahead , just something decent ! Those 800 cabs are great .
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    your amp journey is hilarious, it's like that girl you don;t want to marry but keep coming back to cos she's ace in bed :)

I have a 50w JCM800 that I love, i get fed up of it every now and then but after not using for a few weeks when i turn it on it's just such a killer amp, it does everything i need.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    your amp journey is hilarious, it's like that girl you don;t want to marry but keep coming back to cos she's ace in bed :)

I have a 50w JCM800 that I love, i get fed up of it every now and then but after not using for a few weeks when i turn it on it's just such a killer amp, it does everything i need.
    I know, I laugh at myself too!!