PSA: SVL 61 Reserve on ebay

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• MarshallMarshall Frets: 362
    CloudNine said:
    Do Fender Master builders make their own necks and bodies? Or do they assemble and finish from pre-built components? Do they tell the customers?
    Exactly. They are just assemblers too, and that fact is not at the top of the list of things Fender wish to point out when trying to sell you a guitar at those prices. Same applies with SVL by the sounds of it.

If I am paying that sort of money, I want it built from the ground up, wood selected for the exact properties the builder wants, preferably pickups wound as well. All the key things that go into shaping the sound of the finished product. 

That is a 'builder', rather than an 'assembler' in my opinion.
    Without wishing to fan flames of a zombie thread and with no affiliation, Jeff Beer @ Zero One Guitars here https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001779262502&_rdr  is one UK Builder who does actually tick all those boxes if those boxes are a prerequisite to a new instrument ;)

Met him a couple of times at his house in South West Wales and briefly checked out some of his work while there; brother-in-law uses him for servicing and one or two others I know (Mark Pontin among others) play guitars he personally built for them. He’s your classic little known one man builder who literally does it all. 

Very impressive artisan quality work, and certainly at incredibly good value prices for a truly hand built guitar..

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd love to compare a guitar build body with handmade neck then finish and set up by someone who knows what they're doing
    just looked at your website. Some fine instruments there. There is a 'single cut' that look incredible. Nice, nice work
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom