Wienbrock Barracuda Paternity Test

dorisandjessdorisandjess Frets: 12
I am under the impression that these are based on an early Marshall but which one. I appreciate that it will vary from whatever inspired it but there appears little information on what precisley that was. (please, please, please be a JTM45) Any input would be greatly recieved. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11954
    I saw one converted to use EL34s installed but they were normally 6550

see this listing which used Rob's text I think:
    http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=150591403753&t=1302711338000&tid=310&seller=cookesmusicstoresuk&excSoj=1&excTrk=1&lsite=3&ittenable=false&domain=ebay.co.uk&descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

The ME-5 Barracuda is more than just an ME-5 with a master volume control... in fact it leaves it's American roots well behind and combines two great British amps in one...

Plug into the LOW input and you have an array of genuine '100W plexi' tones at lower volumes by balancing the GAIN against MASTER and adjusting the tone controls... the interaction is absolutely authentic and true to it's parentage... Plug into the HIGH input and you have 'the' classic mid to late
    70's British master volume amp - without the fizz - just awesome power at all frequencies - making it particularly well suited to drop tuning.

100% all valve design
    60W RMS @ 8 ohms
    8, 4 & 16 ohm outputs
    Custom Majestic transformer set - F&T electrolytic
    Hand wired glass reinforced eyelet boards
    Handmade in the workshops of TAS Pro Audio in Yorkshire, England

• TeeByrdTeeByrd Frets: 159
    I may be completely wrong, but wasn’t the Barracuda based on the Bassman, so similar ballpark. Used to love perusing the Wienbrock website, then he up and split!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11954
    btw, I owned one, and also owned a Ceriatone JTM45, they were not similar, the Barracuda was a more high-gain kind of amp