Guitar pedal that sounds like a valve amp? Does it exist?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1629
    ICBM said:
    I find all the Tech21 products I’ve tried have an irritating midrange, slightly grating overtone that’s very hard to get rid of. 

Bit surprised by that. I have a Liverpool and it has the most powerful tone controls I've ever come across. Can pretty much dial anything in or out, to absurd degrees. The Blonde was similar IIRC

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    Branshen said:

That is left field indeed. But unfortunately won't fit on a pedaltrain mini.
    You don't need a pedalboard if you've got an ME-50. It *is* the pedalboard :).

Branshen said:

Boss should produce a single pedal size cosm amp emulator with speaker simulator and a mic/line out. That'd be a great product. Like the boss deluxe reverb but better...
    Like this? ;)

https://static.roland.com/assets/images/products/main/gp_20_top_main.jpg

Admittedly it's double size...

The Deluxe Reverb pedal is frustrating because the output isn't speaker-emulated. (As well as the other faults it has from a gigging point of view.) A shame, as it does sound good.

JohnPerry said:

Bit surprised by that. I have a Liverpool and it has the most powerful tone controls I've ever come across. Can pretty much dial anything in or out, to absurd degrees. The Blonde was similar IIRC
    It's not the EQ, it's something in the actual character of the way they distort. I haven't tried a Liverpool, but I have most of the others I think.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• smigeonsmigeon Frets: 293
    edited June 2018
    The one I like is the EHX English Muff’n. Uses two ECC81s (I think). Uncannily like an old Marshall, IMO, including the great clean sound. The reference to “Muff” in the name is totally misleading to my mind, and I’d guess that this has hurt the sales of this great preamp.

Only problem with it, as with the other preamps mentioned above, is the non-standard power requirement (12vAC). But if you have a power brick with this option you’re good.