WORLD CUP 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    That ref was a joke. Must have taken a bung. They get the softest penalty in World cup history and an oscar for the 'fouled' players performance. Kane gets wrestled to the ground at every opportunity - even Wenger would have seen one of those.

I agree on starting with Rashford.

MOURINHO YOU TWAT, see how Rashford can play IF YOU LET HIM! He's 10 times better in an England shirt. Jose ruins players. Can't wait until he's out of Man U.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 430
    tFB Trader
    don't think it was that bad personally. if it was 1-1 we would be crucifying them.
    BUT...
    Out of all the "main" teams in the tournament so far, only France have managed to win, and like England, they laboured against Australia. 

I think England will do better against teams that actually try and play football, not rugby :)

decent performance, build some momentum and work on finishing as that was awful. Sterling was pretty dire.

this WC has been very entertaining so far.

For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Emp_Fab said:
    T’was a snooze-fest from start to finish.  Engerland showed a bit of a spark now and then, but let’s face it - it’s only a question of when in the next fortnight they’ll be on the flight back again.  They have nowhere near the talent to fend off most of the big hitters.
    Total crap .. England played very well. When's Wales first game ...

Germany lost .. first games are always problematic ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    vale said:
    i dearly hope Germany beat England 10-0 in the final. that is my true world cup wish & i hereby appeal to the football spirits to make it so.

i just think it would be hilarious in the current climate. certain newspapers would literally implode. imagine it.
    Oh fuck off ... :-)

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    All those Midges, Scotland should be well used to that......Oh, hang on!

:)
    Mega wiz .... :-)

sinbaadi said:
    Like pulling teeth.  Belgium will run rings around England.
    Yada, yada, yada .. Belgium weren't that impressive.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    terada said:
    What a poor performance. Obviously glad to scape the win, but against any decent team we would have been in serious trouble.
    You need to go to Spec Savers as that was a good performance ..

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1777
    @Fretwired - drunk tonight are we?

England didn't play bad. Didn't play good either. They say there are no "waiters" in football any more (teams that consist of part time footballers and guys who work other ful time day jobs) bit Tunisia? I think only Russia had an easier job to do in 1st match. 
    Not a bad performance and good way to work our way into the group games but there seem to be so
    me alarming signs.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1777
    crunchman said:
    I'd rather be in Southgate's shoes than Joachim Low's.
    I'd MUCH rather be in Löw's shoes. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24646
    Fretwired said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    T’was a snooze-fest from start to finish.  Engerland showed a bit of a spark now and then, but let’s face it - it’s only a question of when in the next fortnight they’ll be on the flight back again.  They have nowhere near the talent to fend off most of the big hitters.

Wales have a better chance of winning than England do.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader
    axisus said:
    That ref was a joke. Must have taken a bung. They get the softest penalty in World cup history and an oscar for the 'fouled' players performance. Kane gets wrestled to the ground at every opportunity - even Wenger would have seen one of those.

I agree on starting with Rashford.

many soft penalties this tournament - Very rarely in the Premiership would you see that penalty given against K Walker - I've seen many clear cut penalties not given, in comparison with the one Ronaldo was awarded in the game against Spain, many times that would not be awarded - And yes Kane was wrestled to the ground quite clearly on 2 occasions on set plays and no VAR even considered
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4746

vale said:
    i dearly hope Germany beat England 10-0 in the final. that is my true world cup wish & i hereby appeal to the football spirits to make it so.

i just think it would be hilarious in the current climate. certain newspapers would literally implode. imagine it.
    No the papers would love it.  I think they would implode if England actually did okay.  The papers like the nation seem to thrive and assist in Englands faliure.

I thought it was an okay performance against the top team in Africa.  They were limited to hardly any chances and we’re lucky they didn’t give away any penalties.   England need to improve, as do all teams as the tournament progresses.  
    I think Rashford should start, Sterling looked like his pre City self.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11517

England didn't play bad. Didn't play good either. They say there are no "waiters" in football any more (teams that consist of part time footballers and guys who work other ful time day jobs) bit Tunisia? I think only Russia had an easier job to do in 1st match. 
    Not a bad performance and good way to work our way into the group games but there seem to be so
    me alarming signs.
    Tunisia were the highest ranked of all the African teams at the World Cup.  They definitely aren't a pushover.  There are several other teams not as good as them.  Thankfully Panama are one of those teams and we play them next.

crunchman said:
    Germany might not even get out of the group. Sweden and South Korea won't be pushovers.  It's also the way they played. Mexico should have scored five.  They butchered a whole load of really good chances.  Unless there are some younger players in the squad who he can bring in, I can't see them getting too far.

With Panama next, England are pretty much guaranteed to get out of the group.  They are young side, who should improve.  They are unlikely to win it as they are too raw, but they could do ok.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    England were great up until the penalty - yes the Tunisia player went down easy (well, duh) but Walker was clumsy. Never stick your arm up like that, especially in big tournaments where the merest of touches can get you sent off.

Referee was an absolute fucking abortion. Kane got mauled by about three players and the way he let Tunisia just waste time was horrific - then he had the nerve to tell Sterling to hurry up as he went off! Fucking twat. Then the Tunisia player going down after being hit by the ball in the midriff. Diddums. It's this nancy boy shit which has turned me off football and hopefully we don't see much more of it in the competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    Hang On - Tunisia being accused of going down too easily?

With Dele Alli on the pitch...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4746
    crunchman said:

crunchman said:
    Germany might not even get out of the group. Sweden and South Korea won't be pushovers.  It's also the way they played. Mexico should have scored five.  They butchered a whole load of really good chances.  Unless there are some younger players in the squad who he can bring in, I can't see them getting too far.

With Panama next, England are pretty much guaranteed to get out of the group.  They are young side, who should improve.  They are unlikely to win it as they are too raw, but they could do ok.
    Germany were poor, sluggish and lacked ideas.  England needn’t fear them if that continues.  

That said, par for England will be quarters.  They should get a reasonable last 16 tie, whether they finish first or 2nd in the group, but then will face a top team after that.  It’s great we have a young energetic team, but the quarters is where lack of experience may be the downfall. 

The Belgium game will be the acid test although we may have all but qualified by then.
    England had energy, despite the heat and swarms of flies, they need to capitalist on their chances and work on finishing.   A few tweaks to the team and it’s certainly an attack of decent quality.
    Emp_Fab said:
    Fretwired said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Wales have a better chance of winning than England do.
    Why bother posting? Negative crap .. all you do is moan .. go back to Trump bashing.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2018

me alarming signs.
    Tunisia are the best team in Africa. The night was hot and there were midges everywhere. First games are problematic - look at Germany and Brazil. Belgium laboured against Panama until they simply ran out of gas.

England played well. They were direct and fast against a team that had all their players behind the ball for most of the game. Belgium won't play like that neither will Germany.  England will get better. Beat Tunisia and they should be into the knock out stages.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24646
    Fretwired said:
    Emp_Fab said:

A tenner says they don't make it out of the last sixteen.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2343
    England were rank from the tunisia goal to the end.    Did they have a shot in the 2nd half apart from the goal?     A win against panama will no doubt get the commentators and press writing them as potential winners.