SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: a car! Ford Focus 2006 LX 1.6l TDCI Estate - runs well with some work needed

CirrusCirrus Frets: 8497
edited April 2014 in Misc £
MOT until June, road tax until July. The car was serviced regularly at Ford dealerships and has full history including receipts. Timing belt changed at 155,000 miles. 

162,000 miles on the odometer, mostly motorway miles at sensible cruising speeds (60-70mph). The car typically gets 55-60mpg, best ever was 72mpg but that was a very slow and long drive to Scotland and back! 

Drives and handles well but does have some issues; 

- engine warning light sometimes comes on, though only under heavy acceleration in 5th gear. 
- rear windscreen wiper motor needs replacing. 
- airbag warning light intermittently comes on, usually on warm days. 
- stereo doesn't read CDs on very cold days until the car has warmed up. 
- light exhaust smoke on start up from cold, has done this since I got it nearly 5 years ago but worth mentioning! 

I purchased the car in 2009 with 48k miles on the clock and it's been a great runner, with fantastic boot space and fold-flat rear seats. Pretty much a perfect gigging car - I have in the past driven a passenger, full ampeg stack (4x10+1x15), AC30 head and 2x12 cab, 1 bass and 3 guitars, two pedalboards and a box of merch. I'm not going to pretend it isn't an 8 year old tubro-diesel that's driven enough miles to take you most of the way to the moon, but I'm only selling because my dad made me an offer I couldn't refuse to buy his car.

Sold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments