Oil City Experiences?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14727
    edited June 2018
    thegummy said:
    Does anyone know if there are prices for sets of pickups from Oil City - i.e. A bridge and a neck -,or is it just price per pickup, regardless if you're buying one or two?
    I was going to write RTFW but, when I checked on the black and white and red all over 2018 OCP site, some of the product pages were not working properly. 

The prices for multiples lurk in the Options pull down menu on each product page. 

Unfortunately, on the Caliber 5/3 page, any single pickup is forty odd quid but the menu also quotes the calibrated set of three as forty odd quid. Bargain!

PS: I actually enjoy chatting to customers on the phone ... sad eh? Perhaps I don't get out enough lol.
    I imagine that it might help a maker to hear why a customer has chosen a particular pickup model. 

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11060
    tFB Trader
    thegummy said:
    Does anyone know if there are prices for sets of pickups from Oil City - i.e. A bridge and a neck -,or is it just price per pickup, regardless if you're buying one or two?
    I was going to write RTFW but, when I checked on the black and white and red all over 2018 OCP site, some of the product pages were not working properly. 

The prices for multiples lurk in the Options pull down menu on each product page. 

Unfortunately, on the Caliber 5/3 page, any single pickup is forty odd quid but the menu also quotes the calibrated set of three as also forty odd quid. Bargain! ;)

Oooooo I'll check that
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    thegummy said:
    Does anyone know if there are prices for sets of pickups from Oil City, I.e. A bridge and a neck, or is it just price per pickup regardless if you're buying one or two?
    There are no separate prices for sets ... simply order neck and bridge of your chosen pickups. :-) 

PS: I actually enjoy chatting to customers on the phone ... sad eh? Perhaps I don't get out enough lol.
    I'd offer to swap jobs because my job is all talking to customers on the phone and I'm sure I'd enjoy making pickups more but sadly I don't have the skills required.

Will be ordering a set of Mighty 90s probably tomorrow. Look forward to them :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    thegummy said:
    thegummy said:
    Does anyone know if there are prices for sets of pickups from Oil City, I.e. A bridge and a neck, or is it just price per pickup regardless if you're buying one or two?
    There are no separate prices for sets ... simply order neck and bridge of your chosen pickups. :-) 

I'd offer to swap jobs because my job is all talking to customers on the phone and I'm sure I'd enjoy making pickups more but sadly I don't have the skills required.

I had a music shop for some years, and I suppose I miss that 'chatting to customers over a coffee, on a Saturday morning' thing. I feel actually chatting to customers and finding out what they really want/need ... what their amp rigs are, what environments they play in is far more valuable than just offering loads of meaningless build options on my site. 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    thegummy said:
    thegummy said:

I had a music shop for some years, and I suppose I miss that 'chatting to customers over a coffee, on a Saturday morning' thing. I feel actually chatting to customers and finding out what they really want/need ... what their amp rigs are, what environments they play in is far more valuable than just offering loads of meaningless build options on my site. 
    Think it's better I call you and describe my setup? I'm basically just looking for a p90 for a Gibson les Paul to have variety from my other lp clone with humbuckers.
    Just put my order in for a pair of Mighty Ninety's!

Excited!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

thegummy said:
    Just put my order in for a pair of Mighty Ninety's!

Excited!

Their build has been scheduled :-)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    edited June 2018
    You won’t be disappointed with Ash’s pickups...I’ve had a few over the years and they have all been awesome. since I’ve moved to Oz though I just missing being able to dropping in and having good chat!