SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB- LR Baggs Anthem

What's Hot
looking one of these.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15223
    Which version? Split bridge saddles or one-piece? 

There was a guy on eBay, last week, selling several pre-owned L.R. Baggs systems. I had the Lyric. Somebody had an Anthem SL. I cannot remember what the third model was. Perhaps, by now, it will have been relisted?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Which version? Split bridge saddles or one-piece? 

There was a guy on eBay, last week, selling several pre-owned L.R. Baggs systems. I had the Lyric. Somebody had an Anthem SL. I cannot remember what the third model was. Perhaps, by now, it will have been relisted?
    I thought there was only the full anthem system and sl?
    I thought there was only the full anthem system ... 
    L. R. Baggs manages to present the full-on Anthem in three permutations.
    • Regular 
    • one for 4/2 split saddle bridges 
    • another for mounting inside classical guitars. 
    Then, there are assorted control systems.
    • A small hard-wired soundhole edge type (old version)
    • a larger soundhole edge type with socket connections (new version)
    • the Stagepro version if you want the controls and battery mounted through the side of your instrument.
    Other, more complex L. R. Baggs control boxes exist for combining multiple transducer devices in one guitar. 

Niallseroreilly said:
    ... and SL.
    I had an Anthem SL. The price was more agreeable than the full-on system but the reduced flexibility was too much of a compromise for me.

I greatly preferred the sounds of the Tru-Mic over the Element undersaddle transducer. If I had originally purchased the full-on Anthem, I might have been able to get by with setting the balance control to all Tru-Mic.

Eventually, I decided that I did not even want an undersaddle transducer strip between the bridge saddle and the wood. Hence, my choice of the Lyric system.

• I thought there was only the full anthem system ... 
    L. R. Baggs manages to present the full-on Anthem in three permutations.
    • Regular 
    • one for 4/2 split saddle bridges 
    • another for mounting inside classical guitars. 
    Then, there are assorted control systems.
    • A small hard-wired soundhole edge type (old version)
    • a larger soundhole edge type with socket connections (new version)
    • the Stagepro version if you want the controls and battery mounted through the side of your instrument.
    Other, more complex L. R. Baggs control boxes exist for combining multiple transducer devices in one guitar. 

Niallseroreilly said:
    ... and SL.
    I had an Anthem SL. The price was more agreeable than the full-on system but the reduced flexibility was too much of a compromise for me.

I greatly preferred the sounds of the Tru-Mic over the Element undersaddle transducer. If I had originally purchased the full-on Anthem, I might have been able to get by with setting the balance control to all Tru-Mic.

Eventually, I decided that I did not even want an undersaddle transducer strip between the bridge saddle and the wood. Hence, my choice of the Lyric system.

Thanks @Funkfingers, did you ever try the k and k mini? I have heard good things about them.
    I have never knowingly tried any K&K transducer system. Sorry.

I was impressed by the Expression system in my musical collaborator's expensive limited edition Taylor. Unfortunately, I cannot recall which exact model he has and, hence, which version of the Expression is in it. It definitely has soundboard vibration sensors like K&K. It may have the three Allen screw adjusters in the bridge, suggesting some sort of sensor(s) immediately beneath the bridge.

I do not know who makes the AP5 Pro system for Maton Guitars. Anything that can satisfy Tommy Emmanuel and Eric Johnson must be pretty good. 

My own taste has come full circle to the sound of acoustic guitar through a good microphone (or several). For me, the L. R. Baggs Lyric is the next best thing.

All of these products have two things in common.
    1. They are very good.
    2. They are very expensive.
    This might explain why they tend not to come around very often on the secondhand market.

Ultimately, it is your money and your decision how to spend it. 

• I have never knowingly tried any K&K transducer system. Sorry.

I was impressed by the Expression system in my musical collaborator's expensive limited edition Taylor. Unfortunately, I cannot recall which exact model he has and, hence, which version of the Expression is in it. It definitely has soundboard vibration sensors like K&K. It may have the three Allen screw adjusters in the bridge, suggesting some sort of sensor(s) immediately beneath the bridge.

I do not know who makes the AP5 Pro system for Maton Guitars. Anything that can satisfy Tommy Emmanuel and Eric Johnson must be pretty good. 

My own taste has come full circle to the sound of acoustic guitar through a good microphone (or several). For me, the L. R. Baggs Lyric is the next best thing.

All of these products have two things in common.
    1. They are very good.
    2. They are very expensive.
    This might explain why they tend not to come around very often on the secondhand market.

Ultimately, it is your money and your decision how to spend it. 

Thank yoy @funkfingers