SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Jazzmaster Body Query

Hi all

I have a squier Jazzmaster baritone (antigua green) and about to upgrade parts on it etc.
Down the line I am considering refinishing the body in a natural colour.
Not sure id be able to do it with the current body/finish.
if not and I have to source a new body, what should I be looking for seeing as the baritone has a hardtail bridge.
ive had a look on warmoth out of curiosity and there are a lot of options...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15223
    edited June 2018
    Firstly, you should be looking out for the fact that - except with *conversion* necks - the neck pocket for a baritone guitar will be different to a regular scale length guitar of the same outline.

The Fender vibrato looks cool but can cause no end of problems - especially in budget form. Hence, the fixed bridge is a good idea. If you are installing one on a new, undrilled, JM body, just mark out correctly. 

The wisdom of mating one hundred Pounds' worth of Indonesian neck to several hundred Dollars worth of American body is open to question.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1532
    Ha yes I suppose so :)