Wanted-2x Celestion (Marshall branded) T652 Reissue Alnico Speakers

Harmonics72Harmonics72 Frets: 26
Hi lovely people. I am looking for a couple of these rare beauties to install in my Handwired Marshall Bluesbreaker which I bought from the awesome @Marshall last year.
As great as the Celestion Greenback C's are....I'm looking for that alnico magic if I can find it! 
I missed out on a couple sold on this very forum last year.....darn...
Any help greatly appreciated folks....Cheers
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MarshallMarshall Frets: 362
    Hi lovely people. I am looking for a couple of these rare beauties to install in my Handwired Marshall Bluesbreaker which I bought from the awesome @Marshall last year.
    As great as the Celestion Greenback C's are....I'm looking for that alnico magic if I can find it! 
    I missed out on a couple sold on this very forum last year.....darn...
    Any help greatly appreciated folks....Cheers
     B) Happy hunting my friend! not easy to find but worth the patience I reckon ;) 
    p.s. maybe better chance moving this to the amp classifieds?
    btw, probably not your bag but I'm listing a Pure Tone Offset for trade if of any interest ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Harmonics72Harmonics72 Frets: 26
    edited July 2018
    Cheers! Always great to hear from you!
    Just had a message from a fellow fb member. 
    He has a 40 H Special JTM edition 4x12 he could sell 
    I could keep two and sell the others if need be....or fill them with the greenback Cs and keep the lot!
    Peace bro.
    Stephen

• Correction
    40th B cab
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72719
    edited July 2018
    Putting the Greenbacks in the cab with two of the original speakers would probably make an interesting mix.

There may be a risk of blowing the Alnicos in the combo though - it was a problem with the originals back in the 60s. I don’t know if the reissue speakers are more robust.

If it was me I would probably keep it all stock and just run the combo through the 4x12”...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Harmonics72Harmonics72 Frets: 26
    edited July 2018
    Thanks @ICBM ;;
    Appreciated.
    Great minds think alike re mixing the C's and the alnicos.
    Cheers