SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Sid Poole - LPs or Tele

What's Hot
I have one beautiful Sid LP but I'd be interested to hear from anyone looking to sell any other of his guitars. I noticed a Sid Tele was sold around a year ago. Shame I wasn't a member then !
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1359
    Hi,

I purchased the Poole Tele that was up for sale here a year ago.

I just don't use it that much (too many guitars) so let me know if you're interested..

Si
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdipsiaAdipsia Frets: 55
    Hi, thanks for your response, I've just messaged you !
  • JJWJJW Frets: 11
    I'm the person who advertised my Sid Poole on EBay ! Some said it was expensive and maybe it was but EBay take 10% !
    Others said it was ugly ! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I think it's just very different.I like the MM Albert Lee & Brian May
    guitar but do realize it's not for some people. I do know it's the only one Sid made. It's still for sale.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 398
    edited July 2018
    I remember trying a Sid Poole Paul at Phils Vintage Guitars in Thame. Didnt plug it in but veey nice.
    That was last Autumn (2017).
    May still be there?
    Jon
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11734
    tFB Trader
    Sid made some lovely guitars . 
    I knew him fairly well - lovely bloke with a wicked sense of humour (and a Sid James style laugh)
    Recall he used to laugh at me quite a lot  :s

Made me want to make more Les pauls (as I was happily building Explorers, Vees and Icemans  at the time)

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

JonHosker said:
    I remember trying a Sid Poole Paul at Phils Vintage Guitars in Thame. Didnt plug it in but veey nice.
    That was last Autumn (2017).
    May still be there?
    Jon
    Hi Jon, thanks for your posting. I'll check it out but I think it's been sold. Any idea what it was priced at ? 

I knew him fairly well - lovely bloke with a wicked sense of humour (and a Sid James style laugh)

Made me want to make more Les pauls (as I was happily building Explorers, Vees and Icemans  at the time)

I've seen your guitars and they're lovely... you have Sid's spirit coursing through your veins I'm sure. :)