New EVH - Eruption 78

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 205
    Not sure how I feel about this. I just bought a similar scheme from Fret 12 and have a custom built PRS (check out my NGD post shortly!). Again, this was to make money for their apbum but the difference was it was used on the new album. For me that's a hell of a difference. Now I realise that Tremonti ain't Eddie but when first reading this post I wonder the value of the top price model? Its a custom shop Strat right?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16938
    For that price I would want the original.... for the 2 lower priced ones I would want EVH to do the finish himself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12712
    WezV said:
    For that price I would want the original.... for the 2 lower priced ones I would want EVH to do the finish himself
    This.

TBH, the original guitar is in Eddie’s own words a “piece of shit” that just suits his playing. It’s just a Strat body with a crudely routed Floyd, it’s worn a couple of different necks over time and has a Gibson PAF humbucker from his destroyed early 60s 335 screwed into the body. The paint is an extension of his humour and is easily replicated.

Even buying components that are authentic you could build a similar replica for not a lot of money.

This is one for dentists with stupid collections that they never play. I’m sure Eddie is killing himself laughing about it. I would.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23562
    impmann said:
    This is one for dentists with stupid collections that they never play. 
    God, I hope no actual dentist is a member of this forum.  They'd develop a severe persecution complex.

And as for NGD threads.... they just wouldn't dare.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12712
    Philly_Q said:
    impmann said:
    God, I hope no actual dentist is a member of this forum.  They'd develop a severe persecution complex.

I say that as the owner of TWO PRS guitars!  ;-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23562
    impmann said:
    Philly_Q said:
    impmann said:

I say that as the owner of TWO PRS guitars!  ;-)
    I have (ahem) more than two.  And I can't play for toffee.  And I'm not a dentist.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Philly_Q said:
    impmann said:

I would if I got one. Why should someone be ashamed of a new guitar?
    Inverse snobbery.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1397
    I am trying to figure out the motivation for this. If there are 8 $25000 ones, who stands to benefit? Total sales would be $200k total, and I cannot imagine EVH himself could really be arsed with his cut of that after tax, dealers cut, main company cut etc, as he's probably worth $millions and unlikely to be skint/need it.

is it the company itself? EVH gear? I thought (but stand to be corrected) that they were owned by fender? I wouldn't imagine this would be much more than a decimal point on their annual accounts.

the only rationale I can think of is trying to create a few collectors items for the wealthy evh fan?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    edited July 2018
    rsvmark said:
    I am trying to figure out the motivation for this. If there are 8 $25000 ones, who stands to benefit? Total sales would be $200k total, and I cannot imagine EVH himself could really be arsed with his cut of that after tax, dealers cut, main company cut etc, as he's probably worth $millions and unlikely to be skint/need it.

is it the company itself? EVH gear? I thought (but stand to be corrected) that they were owned by fender? I wouldn't imagine this would be much more than a decimal point on their annual accounts.

the only rationale I can think of is trying to create a few collectors items for the wealthy evh fan?
    Look at it another way, this little series will generate near $1m revenue for a very small division of Fender - with just 78 guitars produced and with massive margin too. Typically they’d have to sell 1000’s upon 1000’s of $500 guitars to achieve the same. Not hard to see the rationale - I can’t imagine EVH is skint but maybe he’s enjoying pulling the leavers in a company. Maybe he’s a greedy git. Who knows, but if they sell them this is gold for them.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3109
    A bit of advertising for the brand. The Mex black and white is still available... 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    A bit of advertising for the brand. The Mex black and white is still available... 
    This. High value product that’s unobtainable for most of us...but here we are talking about it on a guitar forum. so it’s a great PR/advertising piece for the brand. 
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7199
    Just buy his new Chorus pedal instead and spend a few hundred making your own out of salvaged bits of old Strat/335
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7020
    Didn't he play most of that album on a Les Paul?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.