SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Fishman Rare Earth With Mic Blend or LR Baggs Lyric

robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
edited July 2018 in Misc £
Just missed a Fishman on here! Anyone got either the Fishman or the LR Baggs for sale?

I’m looking specifically for a mic based system as I don’t want to faff about with the undersaddle on my Takamine (didn’t realise it was a 4+2!!!) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14699
    robwright said:
    Fishman mic based system 
    Strictly speaking, the mic on the Rare Earth Blend is only there to supplement the sound from the magnetic soundhole pickup. The balance control never gets beyond 50:50. 

I haven't seen the REB installation instructions for years. It might be possible to configure the TRS output jack for discrete signals. Even then, the sound from gooseneck is likely to disappoint.

robwright said:
    I don’t want to faff about with the undersaddle on my Takamine (didn’t realise it was a 4+2!!!) 
    The L.R. Baggs Anthem used to be available in a 4+2 format. This option appears to have been removed from the product description web page. (This coincided with the change to the new, larger, soundhole control block.) It may still be possible to find new old stock with the earlier, smaller control housing.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom