Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    My band just played a really awesome gig, on a huge stage in front of the biggest crowd we've ever played to, and we totally smashed it too - people loved us. Several people said we were the best band of the night.

Near the start of one of our songs there's a tricky little riff that I play unaccompanied for a few seconds, and that actually got a pretty big cheer when I did it. I was NOT expecting that. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: 

Afterwards, one of the organisers said we were "probably the best band I've ever seen at one of these events".

Feels good man.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Perhaps an odd one for this thread but I attended the funeral of a friend I've known for about 15+ years this morning.

Never attended a more perfect service, crematorium packed to the point it was standing room only even in the foyer, and people outside in the freezing rain! Music, poetry and tributes that perfectly described his life, and unabashed love for it and his family. A sad day for sure but a proper celebration of a life lived more fully than just about anyone I've ever known.

Only hope that when my time comes that there's a story or three about me that can get an entire funeral in stitches laughing whilst I'm up there in my coffin.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Happiness is the anxiety of receiving a letter from HMRC, dreading to open it and then finding out they want to give me £350 because I have payed too much Tax. It's even more delightful knowing that the money will likely have to go toward buying a new Washing Machine....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Having dumped the girl that's been dragging me down for a while and subsequently perusing Tinder in vain, I've got a date... 
    She's mates with my best friend's girlfriend, so there'll be a double date. 
    I've not actually been giddy to meet someone before, but I am now. Got just under a week to wait, but she seems amazing. 
    We've been getting along over text and I'm rather nervous and excited. I also have it on v. good authority that she isn't mentally ill or unstable like *ALL* my previous relationships. If she is, I'll be getting over myself and ending it early, but I hope I don't have to. 

This is most unusual...

'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Best of British mate.

I've been on Tinder for about a year now and had some good experiences, some shitty experiences... it's pretty good though overall.

I do think I want to start meeting more girls IRL though if I'm honest :lol:
    Bucket said:
    Best of British mate.

I've been on Tinder for about a year now and had some good experiences, some shitty experiences... it's pretty good though overall.

Indeed! My 'game' is honestly terrible however, so my suceds rate on tinder has been... 0% 

Notwithstanding this girl however :) 
    'Awibble'
    Actually thats a lie, I'm quite good in person. But propositioning strangers online isnt my thing
    'Awibble'
    Hertz32 said:
    Bucket said:
    Best of British mate.

Indeed! My 'game' is honestly terrible however, so my suceds rate on tinder has been... 0% 

Notwithstanding this girl however :) 
    I've met about six or seven girls in person from it, but only two of those have become anything more serious. Neither ended well.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12495
    Hertz32 said:
    Actually thats a lie, I'm quite good in person. But propositioning strangers online isnt my thing
    I hear nob pics are the way it's done these days.  ;)
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4067
    Imagine that number, concrete and determinate...
    How are you even gonna get close to accuracy?
    Here's how I get there...
    Imagine 20
    Every day
    For 25 years.

Thank you Allen Carr.  The best book I ever read.
    I love being free.
    25 years today.
    £89k

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12495
    edited November 2016
    Grunfeld said:
    Imagine that number, concrete and determinate...
    How are you even gonna get close to accuracy?
    Here's how I get there...
    Imagine 20
    Every day
    For 25 years.

Thank you Allen Carr.  The best book I ever read.
    I love being free.
    25 years today.
    £89k

Well done that man. That's quite a shocking thought, not only how much you've saved but how many of the evil things you would've smoked.  I've been cigarette free for 5 years now. I used to love the smell of a freshly lit cigarette, now I just think they stink. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Free graphics card upgrades
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1396
    Played the Anastasia riff by Slash at 90% speed
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Finally got my car sorted. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Trial shift tonight for a delivery job. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29106
    Today was my first day off for Winterval. Lady BMcH, Sprocket and I went for an hour-and-a-bit's walk in the woods, had a very decent pub lunch and then an hour home for family nap time.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • I am leaving Kuwait after the most intense couple of weeks of my working life. 

Probably back in early Jan but for at least 4 days... no work!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4067
    It's been a weird week working on days I'm normally off and I lost track a bit so I was totally ready to go to work tomorrow.
    But son of Grün has just popped over and:
    (a) said it's actually a Bank Holiday tomorrow;
    (b) then kicked himself that he didn't keep shtum thereby missing an oh-so-hilarious "ha-ha!" early morning text.

I've turned the alarm off :)

edited January 2017
    I'm home for the night, had a nice dinner with my family and am full of roast beef and prosecco :lol:

Managed to finally see Charlie Brooker's 2016 Wipe, got two episodes of the Grand Tour to catch up on as well. And as of last night, I have a new girlfriend who I think (and hope) I will be very happy to be with.