JCM 800 2x12 Cab Grill Cloth Replacement

HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
Hi All, Im thinking of replacing the Grill Cloth on my Marshall JCM 800 2x12 Cab and Im wondering how to remove the little brass plate in the bottom left corner (reads JCM 800 LEAD) without bending/damaging it. The screws retaining the Plastic holder are behind the plate. Any suggestions? would a bit of heat melt the adhesive enough? Thanks in advance
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72758
    If I remember rightly it isn't held on with screws, it's plastic pins like the logo. You should be able to slide a flat knife blade (Swiss Army is ideal) behind it and lever it off.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    Ill try that, cheers
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Be careful, I have one and wanted to remove that plate, and was advised the process is destructive, and that they are held on by screws.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72758
    clarkefan said:
    Be careful, I have one and wanted to remove that plate, and was advised the process is destructive, and that they are held on by screws.
    I wonder if they vary with the series? I'm pretty sure I've got one off easily before, but it's not impossible that others are different.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein