Cult Electric, Best Hard Rock Album Ever?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    pmbomb said:
    Digging into Clutch and Kings X, great responses thanks all.
    If you like Clutch have you check out Kyuss?  Blues For Sun Red Sun, Welcome To Sky Valley, and The Circus Leaves Town are all essential stoner hard rock albums.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835

Led Zeppelin II

Deep Purple - Made in Japan

Black Sabbath - Vol 4

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Rainbow Rising.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7330
    Any love for Dokken here ?  I thought George Lynch was amazing and Tooth and Nail  and Back for the Attack superb Albums
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Any love for Dokken here ?  I thought George Lynch was amazing and Tooth and Nail  and Back for the Attack superb Albums
    Yeah the early Dokken albums are fantastic, Back for the Attack is my favourite.  Live From The Sun with Reb Beach on guitar is a cool one, he brings his own style to Dokken.  
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4378
    CHRISB50 said:
    I can't believe we're at page 2 without a mention of Nickelback!?
    Please go and stand in the corner of the room without delay.
    Sorry. I couldn’t resist.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23576
    Yeah the early Dokken albums are fantastic, Back for the Attack is my favourite.  Live From The Sun with Reb Beach on guitar is a cool one, he brings his own style to Dokken.  
    Under Lock and Key for me, although I still love all the early Dokken albums.  Don Dokken has always been seen as a bit of a figure of fun, even more so now, but he could sing (in those days) and wrote some great songs.  And Lynch was just phenomenal... the solo on Unchain the Night is one of my all-time favourites.

I haven't liked anything they've done for a long time though, individually or in the occasional Dokken reunions.  The magic has gone.

Reb Beach is a strange one, I don't enjoy his contributions to either Dokken or Whitesnake but I think he's fantastic in Winger, it's where he seems to belong.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4679
    axisus said:
    Two solid rock albums for me are Little angels Young gods and Thunder Laughing on judgement day
    Good call.  Thunder's Backstreet Symphony, as well.

Also from round the same time, I still love:

Terrorvision - How to Make Friends and Influence People / Regular Urban Survivors
    The Almighty - Soul Destruction / Powertrippin'
    Therapy? - Troublegum

For seminal hard rock albums, hard to argue with Back In Black and AfD, though.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb