It might be 1976 all over again!

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader
    west said:
    hywelg said:
    My Kawasaki S3 400  triple was so much cooler than the RD400 or the GT380. 

loved all the kettles ... i was a bit young for them so i had to wait for the rd350 lc 's ....
    this motorbike theme reminds me of Chris Spedding's motorbike it track - from 1975 and again from 1975 Jasper Carrot's Funky Moped
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24646
    An acquaintance had a 750 Kettle with a 3-into-1 pipe on it that howled almost a pure sine wave back in the day.  Wrapped it around a lamppost at some daft speed whilst racing a Beemer.  RIP Paul.

I once had a go on a GT380.  I was very impressed by the LED gear indicator.  Lovely looking bike with the Ram-Air cylinder head.

Then the RG500's arrived.  Oh.... what a dream it was to have one of the those !  But...... as always.... the Z900 was King !

The closest I got was a VF500F2 and a CB500K4 before that.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    west said:

excellent documentary 

wis'd
    play every note as if it were your first
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2954
    I was 9/10 during the long 76 summer.  It seemed to go on forever, but I also remember me and my mates spending lots of time sat during the school holidays being bored so it may have felt like it dragged more than it actually did.  I think that was the year we had a family holiday if North Yorkshire and a heard of cows chased me and my brother across a field.  I blame him obviously. 

• westwest Frets: 1003
    edited July 2018

Clarky said:
    west said:

excellent documentary 

wis'd
    Hurray for Daisy Dukes ...
    Emp_Fab said:
    An acquaintance had a 750 Kettle with a 3-into-1 pipe on it that howled almost a pure sine wave back in the day.  Wrapped it around a lamppost at some daft speed whilst racing a Beemer.  RIP Paul.

I once had a go on a GT380.  I was very impressed by the LED gear indicator.  Lovely looking bike with the Ram-Air cylinder head.

Then the RG500's arrived.  Oh.... what a dream it was to have one of the those !  But...... as always.... the Z900 was King !

The closest I got was a VF500F2 and a CB500K4 before that.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    'Kettle' was one of the names given to ONE bile only - the Suzuki GT750 because it was water-cooled.

It also went by the name of Water Buffalo

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    LC 350 = great fun. They didn't call it the Licence Basher for nothing :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Happy to have called myself an LC Hooligan , looped one , then got an even better one they were ace ...
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    west said:
    Happy to have called myself an LC Hooligan , looped one , then got an even better one they were ace ...
    The first jap bike I rode whose road holding and handling were (a) up to scratch (b) equal to the performance of the engine
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited September 2018
    During the summer, I made a point of showing things like brown fields in the park, flowerbeds cracked open and heat hazes off cars to my six year old son in case this summer was remembered for years to come.

It's official - BBC says it was the joint hottest UK summer - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45399134

Up yours, 1976!