I’ve bought a jet city Amelia

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72945
    I'm not sure it is a buffering issue; although the sound gets louder, it also becomes pretty gnarly.
    It's probably overdriving the stage after the loop - or possibly the pedal - depending on how the rest of the amp is set. If so it's likely that you would need a level reduction, followed by a buffer, then through the pedals, then re-amplify the signal back up to the original level.

Not by coincidence, that's how a properly-designed loop works...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Spent a bit more time with the Amelia, it’s a really good amp. The EQ is very responsive and to my ears it gets closer to the SLO sound than the JCA50/100 or HDM. 

The clean is quite spanky, the attack is very fast and the amount of low end is bordering on ridiculous, it’s almost as much bass as a Laney AOR with the boost pulled! I gave it a little blast with a bass guitar and it sounded bloody brilliant! 

The drve chanbel is a very sensitive beast, the sound can really change with the channel volume, gain and overdrive controls. To my ears with the channel volume low and the master up, it’s very cornford, very clear and detailed and the overdrive works exactly how I want it too, it just stacks on saturation. With the channel volume wound up higher it sounds and feels much more SLO, big, bold and with a bit of gain it’s downright vicious. However you use the drive channel, it always retains its unique compression.

the depth and presence controls are very good, they can really help reign the amp in. Overall, it’s a very cool amp and more versatile than I first thought and a lot of fun to play through.
  • slateslate Frets: 89
    Loud. Club.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    slate said:
    Loud. Club.
    Science fact!! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    I’ve been looking at the Amelia demos on youtube today.  It’s ridiculous that not one person even says as much as “it has the same controls and feature set as a Conford MK50II”.  Even the Earhart doesn’t get a mention!

One guy even said it was meant to be like a JTM Marshall?!?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I was really interested in these a while ago.... They were originally to be a handwired series I think (Think there's 2 or 3 prototypes floating around).
    Cornford were such an interesting company.... If only that Satriani sig had gone ahead Im sure things would be very different for them now.. (Fires aside!).
    Congrats on the new amp!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom