Smallest Aux Swithches (H9 Content)

ash96ash96 Frets: 61
Nearly got an Eventide H9, after many weeks of deliberation, then buying one and the seller on ebay messing me about.

Going to need an Aux switch for it to control banking up and down, what does everyone recommend?

I really want the Barn3 Ox9, but £89 for an aux switch seems crazy money. Ideally I'd like a super small profile one, potentially with the jack input on the end rather than the top to save space?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I think bright onion might do something

I've got an Ox9. its not just a switch, its a big ass cradle for the H9 and it is screwed to the h9. also allows expression pedal usage although it sacrifices a switch when used with an expression pedal. 
    You can also re assign what the switches do on the h9 with the app (or via a combination of button presses, see the manual)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    I think bright onion might do something

I've got an Ox9. its not just a switch, its a big ass cradle for the H9 and it is screwed to the h9. also allows expression pedal usage although it sacrifices a switch when used with an expression pedal. 
    You can also re assign what the switches do on the h9 with the app (or via a combination of button presses, see the manual)
    Do you think the price is justified? I love how low profile and neat it is, but just cant help but think there's probably a £30 aux switch somewhere that can do close to the same.

I've used the FS3X with it and found it a bit bulky on the board at the time (funnily enough I am now using one with my rubberneck). 
    I really like it. I use it all the time for patch up and expression pedal (especially for the expression pedal, it can do so much on the h9).

I imagine this would be rock solid but you lose the expression pedal control if you go down this route, however Jamie at bright onion is a clever fella and can probably incorporate an exp pedal if you ask. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I would second a bright onion switch to be made up. Good value for money 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    Nice, I might drop him a line and see if he can make something as small as possible, potentially with the option of another jack to work an expression pedal if i go down that route later. or to add in one of those small extra buttons (I'll likely only use it for the dedicated tuner on/off so want it to be out of the way incase I accidentally mute everything as I add a delay for a big solo haha!
    ash96 said:
    Nice, I might drop him a line and see if he can make something as small as possible, potentially with the option of another jack to work an expression pedal if i go down that route later. or to add in one of those small extra buttons (I'll likely only use it for the dedicated tuner on/off so want it to be out of the way incase I accidentally mute everything as I add a delay for a big solo haha!
    you know that once you activate the pedal you can hold down the right switch and change it from tap temp to bank up?
    I think holding the left turns it into bank down as well but I haven't used that.