Anyone have more than 2 of the same type of guitar?

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33957
    octatonic said:
    5 Tom Andersons
    3 Teles
    2 Suhr Moderns
    You need a jazzmaster :-p
    I have this instead:

Like a Jazzmaster, only sounds better and stays in tune no matter how much whammy abuse I give it.
    1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Philly_Q ; "I've been thinking about putting together a Mustang partscaster, but I don't want to use those fiddly little slider switches and I don't know how to get round it.  I know there are some where they have a toggle switch on the lower horn"

You could try this gent- https://www.axioncustom.co.uk/unique-outline-pickguards ; there's a good chance he'll have an outline already, or would be able to get one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2968
    I've often had two Strats, but recently I've gone back down to one. But I do have three SGs though...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    brooom said:
    I have 6 precisions - does that count??
    A Profligacy of Precisions?
    @Bridgehouse - back when I played bass:

A sensible array of the best type of bass ;)

Must have been early on in your bass playing if only 3? ;)
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922

TTony said:
    does anyone have more than 2 of the same type of guitar?

What would be the point??

IMG_3504JPG

:D

I agree, who needs more than one of anything ?

httpwwwarrowheadguitarscoukpicscollectionupdatejpg
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    I have 3 F-hole archtops; all slightly different.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6413
    3 x LP
    3x Tele
    4x PRS (2 Se, 1 Vela , 1 Cu24 Artist)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    Three strats - the 2010 is my gigging Strat, the 69 is vintage so pretty much retired from gigging now (in truth 22 frets, Delta tone, trem, make the 2010 more versatile), and the 50th Anniv was bought as an investment - pure mint, never played - still has all the original labels etc.

1969 hardtail (original, not re-issue), 2010 USA Standard Limited Edition with Delta Tone, and a 2004 50th Anniversary American Deluxe with S1 switching:

1969 hardtail
    photo 20180324_124139_zpsrxzw8sbpjpg
    50th Anniversary Deluxe
    photo 100_0411_zps576532c8jpg
    2010 USA Standard limited Edition
    photo 8273727317b41545854341b106645da1_zpsed543261jpeg
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Paul_C said:

TTony said:
    does anyone have more than 2 of the same type of guitar?

What would be the point??

IMG_3504JPG

:D

I agree, who needs more than one of anything ?

httpwwwarrowheadguitarscoukpicscollectionupdatejpg
    I demand to see more of these!!!!

@Bridgehouse ; - you asked for it! ;)

httpwwwarrowheadguitarscoukpicsyambassesyams1jpg

Six out of 7 available SBV500s (I never found a white one) and an SBV800MF (Miki Furukawa, bass player in Supercar, signature).

httpwwwarrowheadguitarscoukpicsyambassesyams3jpg

SBV-J1 and J2 They did Limited Edition runs of 100 each and at the time were almost certainly the only ones in the UK.

httpwwwarrowheadguitarscoukpicsyambassesSB5Rjpg

An original SB-5A that was complete apart from a tuner (I bought an entire SB-2A from the US just to get a tuner for it)

httpwwwarrowheadguitarscoukpicsyambassesSB5Wjpg

Another SB-5A which appeared in a band video after I sold it (can't remember the name of the band though).

httpwwwarrowheadguitarscoukpicsyambassesSB7SBjpg

This was an odd one as it had an angled headstock (and therefore no string guide). My guess at the time was that it was an SB-7A (Even Yamaha Japan's website only had a picture of a supposed 7A with a string guide, so this was either super-rare, which I doubt, or a proper 7A).

The vintage ones were made sometime between the late 60s and early 70s.

There are some other pics but I don't know where they are. They include four SBV-550s (one each of all the colours they made - IIRC Red, Blue, Seafoam Green and Silver) which had one JB and one PB pickup like the SBV800MF.
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^ wow.

I think I've said this before, but at the time I was collecting them I stopped by the Yamaha stand at a guitar show to ask if they could make inquiries with Yamaha Japan about the vintage ones and they told me ought to try and track down a guy in the UK who had loads of them, which was me.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Paul_C said:

I think I've said this before, but at the time I was collecting them I stopped by the Yamaha stand at a guitar show to ask if they could make inquiries with Yamaha Japan about the vintage ones and they told me ought to try and track down a guy in the UK who had loads of them, which was me.
    Lol ;)

What makes them so appealing to you?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27930
    ^ wow.
    Ditto.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Paul_C said:

Lol ;)

It was a ridiculous time. I bought one to mess about on, as lots of guitarists do (although I wasn't much of a guitarist at the time, much like now). I then found a second one in a different colour and bought that for a laugh.
    Someone on the old Intermusic forum told me there were other colours available in Japan and XLR8 (Morgan Guitars) brought me back a brochure. He also got me a pale blue SBV500 a little later.

I came into a large (for me) amount of money after a relative died, and having survived on bugger all for a number of years while raising two daughters on my own, I went a bit mad.

One day someone pointed out that even if I sold them all for £200 each (and some cost a lot more than that) it was £4K and I started selling them off (unfortunately I then bought more expensive basses like Rickenbackers and Musicman Bongos) until they were all gone.

It was fun, but I did ultimately waste quite a lot of money on them. Luckily I don't do silly things like that any more ;)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Paul_C said:
    Paul_C said:

Lol ;)

It was a ridiculous time. I bought one to mess about on, as lots of guitarists do (although I wasn't much of a guitarist at the time, much like now). I then found a second one in a different colour and bought that for a laugh.
    Someone on the old Intermusic forum told me there were other colours available in Japan and XLR8 (Morgan Guitars) brought me back a brochure. He also got me a pale blue SBV500 a little later.

I came into a large (for me) amount of money after a relative died, and having survived on bugger all for a number of years while raising two daughters on my own, I went a bit mad.

One day someone pointed out that even if I sold them all for £200 each (and some cost a lot more than that) it was £4K and I started selling them off (unfortunately I then bought more expensive basses like Rickenbackers and Musicman Bongos) until they were all gone.

It was fun, but I did ultimately waste quite a lot of money on them. Luckily I don't do silly things like that any more ;)
    Ah we’ve all been there :)
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    octatonic said:
    octatonic said:
    5 Tom Andersons
    3 Teles
    2 Suhr Moderns
    You need a jazzmaster :-p
    I have this instead:

Like a Jazzmaster, only sounds better and stays in tune no matter how much whammy abuse I give it.
    It's the same shape but that's about as far as it goes.
    And frantic whammy action died in the 80s bro :-p
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 3 Ibanez JEM’s but all are technically different (a good self justification for getting more):

Alder body, ebony fretboard and Evolutions
    Basswood body, rosewood fretboard and Breeds
    Basswood, maple fretboard and Gravity Storms

Also 3 x Red Special replicas, each made years apart by different companies so with different levels of accuracy in specs. All however modified in various ways to get them closer than they were stock.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23574
    I think there may now be a few people who have more than two 2017 Gibson R8s with 59 necks.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom