R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10914
    Not yet no
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwood said:

That’s jolly nice isn’t it? :)
    Good thing we’re all different - I don’t think that’s nice at all! I love flame tops and don’t mind the plains, but that is neither fish nor fowl to me.  Looks like an aberration that QC should have rejected imho! I’m sure it’s a lovely guitar and plays and sounds great, but those scars on the top would annoy the f*ck out of me, if it was mine. 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveF said:
    Anyone had dye/finish transfer from their R8? I have had mine in a nitro-safe stand and the guitar has stained the stand. There doesn’t seem to be any visible marks or damage on the guitar, just the other way round. Should I be worried? 
    When I had an R8 the dye ran in to the binding which apparently is a "period correct" feature, so maybe the dyes they use are more easily transferable? Never had any major issues like globs of paint missing etc. so should be OK.
  • ellwood said:

Good thing we’re all different - I don’t think that’s nice at all! I love flame tops and don’t mind the plains, but that is neither fish nor fowl to me.  Looks like an aberration that QC should have rejected imho! I’m sure it’s a lovely guitar and plays and sounds great, but those scars on the top would annoy the f*ck out of me, if it was mine. 
    I agree. That's the sort of top that normally ends up under a gold top finish! I wouldn't buy it

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I think the finish doesn't do the top any favours, if it was like a traditional burst finish it wouldn't look that out of place but LP tops are such a personal preference!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1426
    It’s novelty value is cool but I think I’d end up hating it!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10914
    Might look different with someone's arm hanging over it
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8220
    ellwood said:

Should have gone to Specsavers.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • That top is a very light Angel quilt. I think it's stunning for a plain top
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1116
    ellwood said:

Yep, but I like things that are off balance, design that throws the eye and irregularities. If I didn’t have two already (and a broken wrist severely interfering with life at the moment) I would have bought that already. 
  • I was still in the race for another R8 until this happened last night. I’m now done 

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3491
    edited September 2018
    In the spirit of WGD...Honest to god, if all my guitars were like this R8, I'd be a happy man. What a lovely thing to play and listen to, it sounds gorgeous to my ears and plays beautifully. And the smell, fuck me, that smell! ha.

Excuse the shoddy late nght noodling, but had to share because this guitar is great.

Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was still in the race for another R8 until this happened last night. I’m now done 

Beautiful 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • strat84strat84 Frets: 322
    In the spirit of WGD...Honest to god, if all my guitars were like this R8, I'd be a happy man. What a lovely thing to play and listen to, it sounds gorgeous to my ears and plays beautifully. And the smell, fuck me, that smell! ha.

Excuse the shoddy late nght noodling, but had to share because this guitar is great.

That was lovely! Very atmospheric  :)
  • strat84 said:

That was lovely! Very atmospheric  :)
    Thank you, sir, very kind of you to say so.

• teradaterada Frets: 5114

Beautiful tones there. Splendid bit of playing mate. What amp was the kemper using?
  • terada said:

Beautiful tones there. Splendid bit of playing mate. What amp was the kemper using?
    Thank you @terada, very much appreciated, mate. It's an AC30 profile from MBritt. Kemper is hands down the best piece of gear I've ever bought.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    terada said:

Thank you @terada, very much appreciated, mate. It's an AC30 profile from MBritt. Kemper is hands down the best piece of gear I've ever bought.
    Well it's got me thinking about Vox now ;) 

Do you find the Kemper to be the sort of amp you need to keep tweaking? I more the sort that likes to just plug in and go.
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1116
    I was still in the race for another R8 until this happened last night. I’m now done 

That is lush. Will be getting another Tremonti next year as my mate has hijacked mine. Very nice score Sir!
  • terada said:
    terada said:

Well it's got me thinking about Vox now ;) 

Do you find the Kemper to be the sort of amp you need to keep tweaking? I more the sort that likes to just plug in and go.
    Difference is that the Kemper is manageable at bedroom volume. Both sound great. I'm a plug and play guy too, once I find my favourite profiles, I tweak only a few familiar parameters that I know will make the profile sound better and then I'm done. I follow the same pattern each time I try a profile I like. Happy to answer any questions you have via PM or on the Kemper thread mate...as I'm sure plenty of other will be happy to help too :-) I was a massive tube amp player for a long time, I'll never go back now I've had the flexibility and features of the Kemper.