R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9584
    I sold a heavily flamed 2016 58 for £2,550 well before the blowouts. I paid 3k new so was pretty happy. Plaintops were going around £2100-2200. People can ask what they want for their guitars, but I’d be amazed if a plaintop went for over £2500 used for a while, especially after the market has been flooded.
    These were great deals as they have the true historic spec and my 2017 is a class above the 2016 I sold, but the reality is, they weren’t flying off the shelves at £4,000. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    It seems to me that it’s similar to buying a £6 bottle of wine that was previously for sale at £10

You have bought a £6 bottle of wine, not a £10 bottle, end of story.

You are of course free to try and sell the bottle for £10, but unless demand far outweighs supply it’s unlikely to happen.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1426
    chris78 said:
    I sold a heavily flamed 2016 58 for £2,550 well before the blowouts. I paid 3k new so was pretty happy. Plaintops were going around £2100-2200. People can ask what they want for their guitars, but I’d be amazed if a plaintop went for over £2500 used for a while, especially after the market has been flooded.
    These were great deals as they have the true historic spec and my 2017 is a class above the 2016 I sold, but the reality is, they weren’t flying off the shelves at £4,000. 
    Totally agree. It’s just like the value of a house. The people buying houses determine the value of the market, not the people selling (even though sometimes they think they do). You can ask what you want, it’s just very unlikely to sell if you ask too much. Nobody’s going to stop you asking what you want though, just don’t have unrealistic expectations.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2353
    If you are buying with the reason to make a profit, I just don't understand it. It's nice when items retain value, but at the end of the day, the market is flooded with them, albeit temporarily......just enjoy it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    terada said:
    I think I remember seeing that one in the Coda second wave, I was hovering over it as the top was just so striking, but it was not to be.

Glad it went to a forum member. How does it feel/sound?
    sounds ace. Has a really fat neck
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4011
    lp59boy said:
    Heavyrocker 
    if all the R8 deals are gone then I is a good price for a 3 week old Unplayed guitar, especially if your now looking a paying up to 4K 
    If I were you I'd go and post in the classified section where the rules protect you from the mockery you rightly deserve.
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    He has dropped the price by £500 on Gumtree so no need to mock quite as much now ;-)
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is it misleading to say... "These retail for around £4,200"?  When the likelihood is the seller paid approx. £2,499??? (and there are some still 'retailing' for £2499)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Is it misleading to say... "These retail for around £4,200"?  When the likelihood is the seller paid approx. £2,499??? (and there are some still 'retailing' for £2499)
    I think it’s misleading. Obviously hoping for a naive buyer who’s not aware of the recent deals.
    Is it misleading to say... "These retail for around £4,200"?  When the likelihood is the seller paid approx. £2,499??? (and there are some still 'retailing' for £2499)
    I think it’s misleading. Obviously hoping for a naive buyer who’s not aware of the recent deals.
    Whenever I read an ad that says “these retail at...” I know it’s a flipper trying to make money so I steer well clear. I’m sure others do the same 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Last week there was a nice 17' R8 on ebay for 2.8k saying that these retail for 4k. For cash on collection the seller quoted 2.7k...at the same time there were still R8s available at Peach and Coda. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8221
    mli3 said:
    not quite winding down yet @Hattigol ;

look what just turned up  ;)

I love the grainy ones !
    and the fretboard look super nice to me too - although I know we all prefer the darker ones, I quite this.

Phew! And what an absolute stunner....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4011
    As time goes on, I can safely say I definitely prefer which ever colour there has most recently been a new picture posted of.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    prlgmnr said:
    As time goes on, I can safely say I definitely prefer which ever colour there has most recently been a new picture posted of.
    It's torture! Plain cherry is my fave atm :-)
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11512
    chris78 said:
    I sold a plaintop 2010 R8 in Charlie Chandlers at the beginnining of the year.  Got £2500 before commission was taken out, so I saw £2050.  The post 2013 ones without the truss rod condom might fetch a bit more.
    crunchman said:
    chris78 said:
    I sold a plaintop 2010 R8 in Charlie Chandlers at the beginnining of the year.  Got £2500 before commission was taken out, so I saw £2050.  The post 2013 ones without the truss rod condom might fetch a bit more.
    People in Charlie Chandlers won’t have any issue paying £2500 for a secondhand R8.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2046
    Someone said we might have to resort to posting clips of us actually playing these things rather than just looking at them.  To that end... this is my R8 helping me enter this month's Solo Of The Month...

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Someone said we might have to resort to posting clips of us actually playing these things rather than just looking at them.  To that end... this is my R8 helping me enter this month's Solo Of The Month...

You could go grab a bite, that one would still be going ;)
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2046
    Remarkable, isn’t it!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915

Yes mate!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom