R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10932

pmbomb said:
    Funny how tastes change, not so long ago I was totally enamoured with bursts, not I much prefer plain or gold.

Me too mate, not so much bursts but flame tops. I've surprised myself. Plainer the better with a subtle burst.

This is a bit mental, all this. Gibson must be absolutely loving it.

I must admit my heart does a little somersault when I see a plain dirty lemon!  Still enamoured with mine though

This experiment will certainly give Gibson something to think about.  If the usual price wasn't so steep would we still be this thirsty?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3499
    edited August 2018
    Ossyrocks said:
    Re the Coda ones. I'm not sure how they will play it really. Just had a look at their site and they have a raft of 2018 R8's listed on there for £4099.

It'll be the same way Peach and GG did it...they'll ignore the current stock and will list the ltd run at the new prices. Current stock stays the same.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited August 2018
    roberty said:
    This experiment will certainly give Gibson something to think about.  If the usual price wasn't so steep would we still be this thirsty?
    Yes I think so, just spread out demand not a chunk.

My hunch (because it's my position!) is these are mostly going to people who wouldn't/couldn't buy at full price. So these are new sales for Gibson (and the dealers), rather than cannibalised.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    Ossyrocks said:
    Re the Coda ones. I'm not sure how they will play it really. Just had a look at their site and they have a raft of 2018 R8's listed on there for £4099.

It'll be the same way Peach and GG did it...they'll ignore the current stock and will list the ltd run at the new prices. Current stock stays the same.
    The ones on offer are 2017s. Coda already discounted and sold the ones they already had - they have more on the way.
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1680
    pmbomb said:
    roberty said:

My hunch (because it's my position!) is these are mostly going to people who wouldn't/couldn't buy at full price. So these are new sales for Gibson (and the dealers), rather than cannibalised.
    Maybe so. But I have bought 2 new historics from Peach before, both 2014's. Admittedly, I got Richard Henry to negotiate on both occasions. They were both significantly more money than this,  though I didn't pay the full advertised price at the time.

In fact I sold one of them via TFB, for more than these new ones are.

Rob
  • Whitecat said:
    Ossyrocks said:

The ones on offer are 2017s. Coda already discounted and sold the ones they already had - they have more on the way.
    Ah I didn't know that.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    pmbomb said:
    roberty said:

I fall into this category too
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1680
    Just got my "Order Processed by our dispatch team" emails. There is now a fleet of vans departing Peach Guitars with a whole pile of lovely wood and wire in the back of them. 

Needless to say, I will be mostly sitting at home tomorrow twitching the curtains.

Rob
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Ossyrocks said:
    Just got my "Order Processed by our dispatch team" emails. 
    Me too, although my heart sank seeing it will be delivered by DPD as my experience of them over the last couple of weeks has been terrible.
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    Ossyrocks said:
    Just got my "Order Processed by our dispatch team" emails. There is now a fleet of vans departing Peach Guitars with a whole pile of lovely wood and wire in the back of them. 

Needless to say, I will be mostly sitting at home tomorrow twitching the curtains.

Rob
    My order must be the only non R8 in that van! Waiting for an email myself, supposed to be tomorrow delivery.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9121
    So bright. So preciousssss...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    I thought the tops in the pics on the websites looked a bit disappointing but looking at the pics that people who have picked one up I was wrong, they look great!  Congrats to everyone who has picked one up, at £2499 that's a cracking deal!
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1116
    Ossyrocks said:

Rob
    Not mine. It is staying at Peach for a bit as I’m working away for a couple of weeks. Although I am sure I will now get plenty of offers to look after it until I get back...
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    There really is bloody loads of them.

GuitarGuitar have another 11 listed for sale now (7 Cherry and 4 Iced Tea)
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    Peach getting more in next week too I was told 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5125
    dbphoto said:

Do you have a link - I haven't seen them
  • teradaterada Frets: 5125
    terada said:
    dbphoto said:

Do you have a link - I haven't seen them

Ok I can see 2 but they're just stock photos with not weights - do GG list the weights?
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1158
    Stock photos/no weights