Fender 65 Princeton RI...what else should I be looking at?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 247
    Lewy said:
    Thanks very much for all the inputs here. He en me plenty to google and YouTube about. I’m thinking that the high end inspired-by-Princetons are probably more than I need, but it’s been good to see what’s out there.

@jimkehoe - pm incoming

pm replied.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Lewy did you get an amp?
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4347
    @Lewy did you get an amp?
    I did - two actually. I got @jimkehoe ‘s PRRI and also picked up a 57 Custom Champ for tweed goodness :)

I’m enjoying this return to realms electric....
  • IIRC, in the old Music Radar days, you posted a picture of tweed amps laid out like Russian dolls. :) Only just read this thread - I was going to let you borrow mine.
    IIRC, in the old Music Radar days, you posted a picture of tweed amps laid out like Russian dolls. :) Only just read this thread - I was going to let you borrow mine.
    Ah bless ya, guv 

I remember that pic, and those amps :) Still got the littlest one.
  • I’ll be interested to hear how you get on with the Princeton @Lewy - we’ve moved to a smaller place and my Deluxe Reverb feels a bit oversized and indeed overpowered for the home playing and light jamming duties it gets used for. Very rarely goes above 2, and I’ve only driven the power section a handful of times before swiftly turning it down again. 

I’ll be interested to hear how you get on with the Princeton @Lewy - we’ve moved to a smaller place and my Deluxe Reverb feels a bit oversized and indeed overpowered for the home playing and light jamming duties it gets used for. Very rarely goes above 2, and I’ve only driven the power section a handful of times before swiftly turning it down again. 

I’d say for home playing, the Princeton would be too loud too, assuming the aim is to get it overdriving by itself. If you want nice cranked blackface tones at home, personally I’d keep your DR and put a Nobels ODR-1 in front of it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom