What do I want?

kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 225
I'm looking for a boost pedal to push my on-the-verge-of-breakup tweed deluxe into overdrive. I basically don't want to alter my sound but just have more of what I've already got. The problem is I'm a bit of a tech novice and I have no idea whether I want a clean boost, dirty boost, treble boost, FET boost etc. Could anyone provide me with some suitable suggestions? Do all boost pedals colour your tone to some degree? I should also mention I'll be playing a 335 through the tweed deluxe.

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JotaJota Frets: 465
    I would go for something like the Spark boost. If you choose the big one you have a couple of knobs to try and match better the final sound, if you think the neutral position messes too much with the sound.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    The Spark mini is good too if you just want same but more.  An eq like the Boss GE-7 is also a good shout, lots of options to tweak but, it also comes with 20db of boost.
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    There's a SHO clone going cheap somewhere in the Classifieds that would do the trick nicely, I'd have thought.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2248
    edited August 2018
    Second the post above. An SHO of some kind will give you what you want, your amp’s sound but louder and without alteration. It kind of optimises how it sounds, if that makes sense.
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    edited August 2018
    I’m pretty sure the lazy j cruiser boost setting does exactly this. I’m on the hunt for something to provide a Marshall style overdrive tone to a tweed deluxe, which the Cruiser doesn’t do, but if you just want to push the tweed, it’s awesome.
  • I think this is the SHO clone mentioned above: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/137701/
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing just now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans