What's Hot
2»

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12334
    I have 2 Snarks
    they are very easy to use, but not very accurate

I find the upmarket Korg ones are the best
    The ones with AA batteries are less annoying for battery life

Some tuners are not very accurate on the bottom string and basses - watch out for that
    This appears to be the issue with my cheapie reverb one! ;)
    FWIW I have about 10 cheapies I bought off Amazon in an offer.

They are sometimes a bit off on the bass strings, but you just need to move them to that side of the guitar and they work fine.

They work fine on my new bass,  I've always got one on me whenever I have a guitar so you can try them next time I see you.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I've always used Snarks, never had a problem with them.
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2641
    I have the Polytune and maybe around 10 other cheaper one including 3 Snarks.  The Polytune is a bit better and looks better, but it's debatable whether there's enough practical difference to justify the much higher price.  If the Polytune was £25 or so I'd probably buy a few to leave on different guitars but at the asking price 1 seems enough.  I'd replace it if I lost it though, and it's the one I take to gigs and rehearsals.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 540
    I just got a D'Addario Eclipse one - nice and cheap and really quite responsive.  Blows my really cheap Thomann one out of the water at any rate. Had a play with it attached to my headstock and it seems to track pretty quickly. 

• normula1normula1 Frets: 641
    Is the reverb one in the correct mode? Mine got set to Violin mode once.
    The Polytune is great at tuning but the mount isn't the most flexible
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    normula1 said:
    Is the reverb one in the correct mode? Mine got set to Violin mode once.
    The Polytune is great at tuning but the mount isn't the most flexible
    Yeah it is, it’s just struggling to track bass notes well... 
  • I have a Korg one which I find really inaccurate, a Crane’s own-brand one which is quite good, and now a Peterson Stroboclip which is leagues above the other two. Wouldn’t use anything else now, well worth the extra cash. 
  • Peterson.
    Fast and accurate. That said, some people seem to struggle to understand what appears on the display. Don't know why. For me, it's easy to use.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6171
    edited August 2018
    WezV said:
    The best, and Ive tried and owned em all, is the Peterson clip on. Imho etc etc
    How to you find the tracking.

i have the stroboflip which is great for setting intonation and general tuning,  but I don’t think I would want to use it for assessing fretless playing.  it’s just too sensitive 
    Agreed. I like the Peterson a lot but for fretless bass it would be a frustrating experience. I use a Snark SuperTight* on my fretless and it does the job. You're just looking for a quick visual confirmation of what your ears are telling you so it doesn't need to be super accurate imo.

* Actually, just tried the basic Snark to compare and find the basic model to be slightly quicker to respond. Could be because it has a new battery.