SORTED....Best AC in a box?

What's Hot
CastroCastro Frets: 517
edited September 2018 in FX
Hey people is there a pedal that will do a good impersonation of the Vox AC30/Morgan AC20 chime?

I'll be using a Morgan RCA35 head - no effects loop.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 676
    Wampler Ace Thirty was about the best I heard when I was looking for this.

The Bearfoot Emerald Green gets a lot of respect too although I haven’t tried it 
  • Tech 21 Liverpool. Works best directly into your FX return though
  • CastroCastro Frets: 517
    Also, the Joyo AC Tone (seriously) is pretty amazing. Similar to the Tech 21, sounds good in the FX loop
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8078
    Also, the Joyo AC Tone (seriously) is pretty amazing. Similar to the Tech 21, sounds good in the FX loop
    Agreed!
    Thanks for the Joyo suggestion.

I ought to mention that my Morgan RCA35 doesn't have an effects loop.
    the AC Tone does work out front as well - really great pedal, especially for the price!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers @smudge_lad I'll give one of those a go alongside something like the Wampler Thirty Something as the Joyo is stupidly cheap.
  • I've got a Wampler for sale in the FX classifieds - currently languishing on page 4 - open to offers. 
  • If you have the budget and can find one - BJFE Emerald Green Distortion Machine. Very dynamic, great bottom end and the controls allow for fine tuning to different guitars. Works best with a slightly pushed amp with distortion at around 9 to 10. 
    Thanks @variplexi ;
  • skayskay Frets: 396
    If you’re looking at buying the Bearfoot Emerald Green Distortion Machine, and are using it with a British-voiced amp, then I’d recommend checking out the silicon equipped one. 

I have both the silicon and germainium EGDM, along with an Emerald Green Overdrive to complete the trifecta, and the silicon equipped EGDM sounds perfect into my AC30, both at low and high gain. I think the BJFE version was always only silicon, and has been praised for its compatability with Vox style amps, and from experimenting, I think the silicon version retains the edge better and sounds more amp-like when it breaks up into distortion into my Vox. 

IMHO the germanium is better with Fender/American style amps, as it warms them up nicely, but can sound a bit congested and undefined with a darker sounding British-voiced amp. 

Good luck, have fun and report back on your findings!

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?