SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Slightly odd one - Trade Brand new Hiscox Case in your choice of shape for Jazzmaster case

What's Hot
Morning all,

Here's your chance to get a brand new Hiscox case in any shape you wish if you can swap me a Jazzmaster hardcase for it in any good used condition.

This has all been possible thanks to my Strat case being smashed up by Aegean (although to be fair, Ryanair softened it up for them). I've been given the go ahead to choose a brand new Hiscox case as a replacement.

The strat case is no longer fit for airline use as the damage is obvious enough that they'll have to put a damage waiver on it but it's still fine for regular use in the UK.

My plan was to get a JM case as a replacement as I wanted to take that abroad anyway but I didn't have a flight case for it. Win. Unfortunately, Hiscox don't make a JM case. Nads.

So, if you want a Hiscox case for any shaped guitar and can give me a Jazzmaster hardcase in return, hit me up soon as, as the chap from the case place is expecting an email back very soon! I'll order your choice of case and we'll meet up to do the switcheroo.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You can just about get a JM in the Hiscox Jag case. The headstock is a little close to the top edge but I'd still trust that better than 99% of other cases.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Really? I phoned them this morning and they said a bit will stick out the top?

I guess I've not got a whole lot to lose by trying though...
  • Really? I phoned them this morning and they said a bit will stick out the top?

I guess I've not got a whole lot to lose by trying though...
    I'm surprised they say that unless they've changed the internal padding (though I guess that's possible). Could just be that it will be very close to the edge and they don't want to promise anything if not confident the guitar would be as safe as a Jag would be in the same case. 

FWIW this is the only picture I have of my old one in its case. Right at the edge, but it did fit.

My New Baby
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cool, thanks mate! Bit of a squidge job, eh? Haha

My Jazzmaster is plenty reliced, although could actually do with a bit more wear on the headstock so this could actually be perfect!

Guess I'll give it a blast and be back on here selling a Jaguar case if it doesn't come off...!