SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 2017 Gibson Les Paul R8 Washed Cherry Brand New SOLD

What's Hot
hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1421
edited September 2018 in Guitars £
Am I crazy? Possibly yes.

Anyway I’ve seen an R9 I just can’t turn down so decided to sell my new R8 to pay for it. This guitar is brand new in immaculate as new condition with original box bought only 2 weeks ago. It has an incredible flame top which is pretty rare on the R8s. The fretboard is a nice darker rosewood. Includes all hang tags, CoA etc. Weight is 9lb exactly. The 59 neck is extremely comfortable. This one has a dry, bright and zingy tone and a nice quack in the attack that sounds very much like Rock n Roll by Led Zeppelin type tone.

More photos available here https://imgur.com/gallery/HtZfZIe.

Looking for £2399 PPG including courier.

6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    wow thats nice.. i guess youve had for longer than 14 days so you cant send back ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1421
    edited September 2018
    mli3 said:
    wow thats nice.. i guess youve had for longer than 14 days so you cant send back ?
    Yes that's right. I'll take a slight hit selling it on but it's not too bad.
  • Bollocks! Sorely tempted by this.
  • I am unbelievably tempted but I’ve never spent over £750 on a guitar!!!

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ossyrocks said:
    Bollocks! Sorely tempted by this.
    You know the one thing that’s better than 2 Les Pauls...? 3 Les Pauls. Haha  =)
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    It must be some R9 if you're selling this - it's a looker and it's in your ideal weight range....
    Twinfan said:
    It must be some R9 if you're selling this - it's a looker and it's in your ideal weight range....
    It is a great R9! I'm quite lucky because the ones I love don't sell as quickly as they tend to be a bit heavier. Killer top and 9.1lbs. Will do some R9 photos soon. Kinda wish the R9 sale happened before the R8 sale, but never mind - still a great deal! This R8 also has a killer top and looks/sounds incredible, but I've come to the conclusion I'm not as keen on the brighter Les Pauls like this R8 - I prefer the darker sounding ones as they tend to moan a bit more.
  • I played Joe Bonamassa’s 1960 burst, “The Runt”. It was quite a bright sounding guitar, but with the right rig and eq, it could moan as well as the rest of his guitars. 

I’m still thinking about yours though..........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I normally don’t like cherry but that top has so much going on it’s lovely 
  • Hi there. Can you please get in touch regarding your r8. Cheers 
    Bump