Manchester Guitar Show - Sunday 21st October

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• We're doing ok Neil, chemo week for Audrey..so thought I'd get some Nitro up her nose to ward off those side effects.

Trademark outstretched arm? Any of yours, anytime mate. That battleship 57 Special can hold it's own in any company.

Here's Audrey letting cancer know she doesn't rate it, she sends you her best mate....

photo 20181009_161624_zpsqtakbkd9jpg

sounds like she is a fighter - Hope all goes well - Very best wishes - Mark
    Looks like she’s a fighter too, totally cool, I’m in awe of this pic so had to comment - bestest of best wishes to you  <3

p.s FU cancer  :p
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5030
    Same here. I was there yesterday, but didn't see you. My word, what a lady! My very best wishes to you
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Had an enjoyable day on Sunday. Good to catch-up with @CountryDave and @guitars4you and good to meet @DB1 @richardhomer and @fendergibson too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14742
    tFB Trader
    Loved playing that 52 Goldtop. Made my day. 
    did you see the 335 block inlay in cherry - all original etc around 12K with Lifton case - can't recall now if 63 or 64 - @richardhomer will recall it as pretty much the same as his old model that I recently sold for him - For sale via Pat

Believe he is exhibiting as well at Kempton
    did you see the 335 block inlay in cherry - all original etc around 12K with Lifton case - can't recall now if 63 or 64 - @richardhomer will recall it as pretty much the same as his old model that I recently sold for him - For sale via Pat

Was that a Trini Lopez? I should be seeing Ben tomorrow (R9-related) - will let you know what happens! I'm also taking one from 1968 (the blonde 330), one from 1948 (the ES-300) and one from 1938 (the ES-150) just for him to have a look at, and will try and get a go on the Gold Top as well. 
    Call me Dave.
    tFB Trader
    DB1 said:

Was that a Trini Lopez? I should be seeing Ben tomorrow (R9-related) - will let you know what happens! I'm also taking one from 1968 (the blonde 330), one from 1948 (the ES-300) and one from 1938 (the ES-150) just for him to have a look at, and will try and get a go on the Gold Top as well. 
    update accordingly - @SteveRobinson has the Byrdland at the moment - Left him with it to put on his work bench for a 'better' set-up but will have it back shortly - Worse case scenario late Nov at Aintree Show but chances are I'll nip over in 10 days or so and pick it up
  • Loved playing that 52 Goldtop. Made my day. 

I did Mark...here's the obligatory....

photo 20181021_141227_zpsdhbca0yijpg

photo 20181021_141232_zpsnw0cq8tijpg
    tFB Trader
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  obviously a snap happy day for you - Think @richardhomer found it interesting compared to his old 'twin bros' version
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  obviously a snap happy day for you - Think @richardhomer found it interesting compared to his old 'twin bros' version
    I took 5 pictures, so that's me done....hee hee. 

@fendergibson @DB1 ...Gent's - you're all grace Lads, not getting to meet you both was our loss. Next time. 
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  - I know @miserneil and others talked about this LP at the recent Northants Guitar Show - Sadly Ben won't be at Kempton Show as away but will be at the Thirsk show on 4th Nov
    Tis a beauty that one, it was goading me all day at Northampton. I think the Glazer bridge is a lot nicer looking than the Mojoaxe, that's a bit of a lump visually for me.

Sorry I missed you @ourmaninthenorth, hope you are both doing ok, chances are I may book a table at Liverpool though... :)

( I want an OurMan Outstretched Arm pose with one of mine - that's when you know you've made it! ;)
    @miserneil - just had to speak to Gail/Peter, show organisers about another issue but ref Aintree/Liverpool Show and they are nearly sold out so best book asap if this is a show you intend to exhibit at - See you Sunday
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  - I know @miserneil and others talked about this LP at the recent Northants Guitar Show - Sadly Ben won't be at Kempton Show as away but will be at the Thirsk show on 4th Nov
    Tis a beauty that one, it was goading me all day at Northampton. I think the Glazer bridge is a lot nicer looking than the Mojoaxe, that's a bit of a lump visually for me.

Sorry I missed you @ourmaninthenorth, hope you are both doing ok, chances are I may book a table at Liverpool though... :)

( I want an OurMan Outstretched Arm pose with one of mine - that's when you know you've made it! ;)
    @miserneil - just had to speak to Gail/Peter, show organisers about another issue but ref Aintree/Liverpool Show and they are nearly sold out so best book asap if this is a show you intend to exhibit at - See you Sunday
    Thanks Mark, I’ve just checked the dates and I have a gig the Saturday night before miles away, just won’t be able to do it logistically this time. 
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • I was there, sorry I didn’t say hello to anyone. @guitars4you was deep in conversation and I was with my Uncle who has a dodgy knee so we didn’t stay as long as I’d like. 
    I got the chance to play it yesterday - I went over to Ben's. It's a cracker, and he's a top fellow as well, upstaged only by his beautiful dog!  =)
    Call me Dave.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2915
    Cool guitars and Best wishes to Audrey :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1 said:
    I got the chance to play it yesterday - I went over to Ben's. It's a cracker, and he's a top fellow as well, upstaged only by his beautiful dog!  =)
    Beautiful neck pickup don't you think? 

• blueskunk said:
    Cool guitars and Best wishes to Audrey :)
    That's very kind of you Pal, thank you. 
    DB1 said:
    Beautiful neck pickup don't you think? 

Yes, absolutely lovely. The bridge pickup is normally uncharted territory for me anyway, but yes - it was a pleasure to play!
    Call me Dave.