Paul Reed Smith in 1986

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3376
    Yeah eggle designs are always almost right,yet sadly lacking. Some of them are damn fine playing guitars but they don't looks as much of a completed design as PRS does
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thing is guitars are personal and you either like or dislike approve or disapprove of certain gutars which is your own personal choice. I would like to draw you back to the original point of of my post which was in reply to @DamianP's one concerning his wish for their to be a UK manufacturer to rival the American giants, Eggle has to my knowledge been the only one in a very long time to get anywhere near close. Honourable mention for Status here in the Bass stakes.   
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6414
    edited April 2014
    Well Eggle's body shape was very similar to PR Custom 22/24 ....

Considering the frivolous lawsuits PRS has had to endure from Gibson for the Singlecuts, I don't blame him at all !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1284
    grungebob said:
    Yeah eggle designs are always almost right,yet sadly lacking. Some of them are damn fine playing guitars but they don't looks as much of a completed design as PRS does
    Be that as it may, if a New York Broadway comes up at the right price at the right time it's going to be mine so fast that the seller will have friction burns from the speed I yank it out of his/her hands...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158

PRS also had a fair bit of luck with his timing. Gibson and Fender were producing inconsistent shite and when PRS launched into the market their quality and consistency was miles ahead of every US manufacturer out there.

The US has much deeper investment markets than the UK, because the vast majority of retirement funds comes from savings, which are invested in companies, rather than from general tax revenues. That is the reason why it has companies that are innovative and produce destructive technology (which PRS was as it forced Gibson to change its business model). As all of the money that the US saves and invests is consumed by the state in Europe we don´t have the financial capacity to regularly produce such companies.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    I always thought Eggle were a bit cheeky in that they used to do full page ads in Guitarist showing how their strat, PRS, Ric, copy was cheaper than the equivalent genuine article.