Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I want to take my girlfriend to Inverness

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Without reading through everything, if you like Nature then Culbin Forest is lovely, which is a short drive near to Nairn. Reelig Glen is also worth a look, very tall trees innit! Reelig Glen is a short drive west of Inverness.

I did like Inverness, but for me it was a day out thing rather than base myself there. A bit cliche but I stayed in Fort Augustus on the West side of Loch Ness, although there will be some lovely rural places closer to Inverness, I'm sure.

All good calls too @Bellycaster ;, Culbin is an SSSI these days too.

Close enough to visit Findhorn and the Foundation, join Mike Scott and Co waiting for the angels to arrive. :-)

I seem to remember @Handsome_Chris ; is ex services (apologies if incorrect) so Fort George is a good place to visit if interested in things military.

There are still small serving units there, for now, not sure how much longer though. They do wee re-enacments and what have you which are very good. Gets you close (or used to) some old weaponry and of course representations of how the soldiers were billeted in the different eras. Good day out!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oooh aye, I did visit Findhorn and the community as well @johnnyurq that nearly slipped my mind. Quite a unique experience.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Is there a centre parks in Inverness?
  • Oooh aye, I did visit Findhorn and the community as well @johnnyurq that nearly slipped my mind. Quite a unique experience.

Isn't it just @Bellycaster ; lol.

Did the angels appear when you were there? The tricksy wee buggers are never there when I have been. :)

Nearest we have to that is a local Caravan Park @Axe_meister, serves the same sort of purpose sexual proclivities wise. Much cheaper too!! ;)

• Also a Thistle supporter @johnnyurq who couldn’t support Ict in the beginning, went to one match at Telford Street and walked out at half time uttering “ I can’t support the home team here, is no right” 

I suspect your right re the Jellybean, made up on the spot using whatever was most plentiful. 
  • Also a Thistle supporter @johnnyurq who couldn’t support Ict in the beginning, went to one match at Telford Street and walked out at half time uttering “ I can’t support the home team here, is no right” 

I suspect your right re the Jellybean, made up on the spot using whatever was most plentiful. 

Exactly the same for me @mikeyrob73 I was a refusnik for a good while. Can't really get properly behind them, I like seeing them do OK these days though.

When I played in the Street and Youth league my proudest moment was playing in a St League final at Kingsmills Park.

I think I have some old pics from Kingsmills Park squirelled away somewhere. Lost the medal in a house shift, bah!!
  • I was a few years behind you in the street league @johnnyurq ;
    Once they moved grounds I was 100% ict though, watching us lift the Scottish cup left me with tears in my eyes 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29131
    Given that you live near That London Town, why not just take her up the OXO Tower? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    Given that you live near That London Town, why not just take her up the OXO Tower? 
    But I want to go on a sleeper train.
  • I was a few years behind you in the street league @johnnyurq ;
    Once they moved grounds I was 100% ict though, watching us lift the Scottish cup left me with tears in my eyes 

What team did you play for @mikeyrob73 ?  I was in the mighty Barron Rovers lol, managed by the venerable Brian Gunn. A stickler and tough but fair.

Were the matches still hgeld at the Canal Pitches? I seem to remember they stopped using there some years after I was in the St League.

Yes I eventually got onboard with ICT and that was quite a moment for a wee team not long in the higher leagues. Not doing quite so well these days though I am afraid.

The parade and merriment made the place buzz for a while, which is always good.
  • Milton mate, think it was Ronnie Esmond that was managing them at the time, played most of games at Milton Pitches, once I was a wee bit older played for Chalkies in the older leagues, all seems like a different life it was so long ago :)

Ictfc just made an extremely silly managerial mistake by giving Foran the gig, and that’s cost us dearly but my wee pal Robbo seems to have us back on an even keel now. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27941
    Best thing about this thread?

Apart from the news that 'andsome is getting shot of his gf to Inverness (don't forgot to get her to take all the sort furnishings too!)?

Good to see @johnnyurq back with us again
     :+1: 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony said:
    Best thing about this thread?

Apart from the news that 'andsome is getting shot of his gf to Inverness (don't forgot to get her to take all the sort furnishings too!)?

Good to see @johnnyurq back with us again
     :+1: 

Many thanks @TTony, ; very much appreciated.

Hopefully I will be more active again these days, our half decade horribilis seems to be relenting somewhat, at last.

Been lurking now and then and the odd (really odd) logon here and there. ;)

Great to see the place is still thriving. The odd bit of drama/fuckery notwithstanding of course.

• Ronnie Esmond rings a bell @mikeyrob73 , I think he was on the go when my eldest lad played Street League.

Now I think about it that is where he and his generation played at Milton Pitches, I think they still do these days. Well out of touch with it all these days.

Agreed though seems like a long, long time ago in a Galaxy not so far away. One game of 5 a side would end me these days I reckon lol.

Chalkies!! Man there is a blast from the past. Misspent some of my youth on the Snooker and Pool tables they used to have in the back of the place.

Yes Robbo seems to be turning things around and on the up again, tough bouncing back after losing so many players and dosh after relegation. With any luck thgey will be back up in the SPL again next year.
  • Sporky said:
    But I want to go on a sleeper train.

Why Inverness rather than Edinburgh then?  Probably more to do in Edinburgh without needing to have a car. (Although the train journey to Edinburgh is much shorter if that is part of the appeal of the trip)
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 784
    kaypeejay said:
    west said:
    You could take her up the cairngorms ....
    Oh yes, I took my wife up the Funicular and she really enjoyed it. 

Can't take her up the Funicular this uyear, they've found a crack in it and it is closed for at least a month. Gutted!!