Denmark Street

What's Hot
smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 676
hitting Denmark Street for the first time today hopefully.

Any recommendations on the best/better shops (esp for pedals) or any that aren’t worth checking out?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There aren't that many shops so it won't take too long to visit them all. Make sure you pop into Macari's though which is down Charing Cross Road towards Cambridge Circus.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1082
    Regent sounds and No Tom have the best selection of interesting pedals
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    Regent sounds and No Tom have the best selection of interesting pedals
    ^^^ this
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5008
    Macari's have reissued the Coloursound range; I always thought they were cheapos in the 70s, but apparently they are now much sought-after and the new ones are bloomin' expensive to reflect!

Wunjo have a selection of pedals, including used; I recently bought a Bass Tube Screamer there.
  • Macari's do a cheaper version of some of their pedals now i believe.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    edited October 2018
    Pop into Fopp while you are close by http://www.fopp.com/stores/london/
    & would recommend De Hems (3-4mins walk from Fopp) for a few beers https://www.dehemspub.co.uk/findus
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Be careful flashing cash, lots of thieves around there. Had my leather jacket lifted off the back of a chair in front of 8 mates...
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    I remember once while I was there a staff members' own JM Jag was stolen right out of the store
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    edited October 2018
    Be careful flashing cash, lots of thieves around there. Had my leather jacket lifted off the back of a chair in front of 8 mates...
    Wow that’s amazing, I don’t even have 5 mates.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    BBBlues said:
    Be careful flashing cash, lots of thieves around there. Had my leather jacket lifted off the back of a chair in front of 8 mates...
    but you do have a nice leather jacket at least...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I know about that, it’s was Jack in Regent Sounds’ JM Jag. He was pretty distraught, but the GAS from the insurance money quelled it.

Regent Sounds are highly recommended, though, excellent customer service, been dealing with them for years.
  • BBBlues said:
    They weren't after they let him steal my jacket while I popped to the toilet...
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    edited October 2018
    prowla said:
    Macari's have reissued the Coloursound range; I always thought they were cheapos in the 70s, but apparently they are now much sought-after and the new ones are bloomin' expensive to reflect!

Wunjo have a selection of pedals, including used; I recently bought a Bass Tube Screamer there.
    I had a 1970's Coloursound 'Supa sustainer' sustain pedal...big, purple with yellow text, and noisy as hell.

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)