Lindsey Buckingham - Behind the Music

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5822
    I reckon Lindsey Buckingham should sue the band, since he is the one who revived their fortunes in the 70's, and made them tons of money.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24995
    For the life of me, I can’t understand why he doesn’t just instruct his lawyers - he’s probably lost $10-14,000,000.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5104
    Why is this a news item? Fleetwood Mac post Peter Green made one exceptional album. Just the one. They released other albums but they were but a pale imitation of Rumours. Then a few years ago some clever guy put a film together about the making of Rumours. This introduced a lot of younger people to FM and very likely created a lot of sales of the record. Brilliant strategy. No doubt the band could play and would very probably generate millions for themselves by touring and singing their hits. Sad what happens to bands.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6310
    Rocker said:
    Why is this a news item? Fleetwood Mac post Peter Green made one exceptional album. Just the one. They released other albums but they were but a pale imitation of Rumours.
    Bit of a sweeping statement. Tusk stands on its own merits; the album prior to Rumours was pretty good. Then there's Tango and we haven't even mentioned Bob Welch period FM yet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74388
    Rocker said:

Fleetwood Mac post Peter Green made one exceptional album. Just the one. They released other albums but they were but a pale imitation of Rumours.
    I agree and disagree... Rumours is head and shoulders above any of the other albums, true - but there are several others that are pretty good as well, which tend to be overlooked exactly because of Rumours. None of them are like Rumours in that every song is a classic in its own right, but that isn’t true of many albums by any band - and the best songs on each of them are as good as most of the ones on Rumours.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2018
    Rocker said:
    Why is this a news item?
    Rumours is one of the top 5 albums of all time, and there was a great cast of characters involved. Plus there was plenty of human interest with all the makeups and breakups. The band were also a transatlantic entity, and have become a part of the anglo-American cultural landscape.

I also think it's fantastic that they are going out with a bang, with one last big final argument 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Rick Beato did a great "what makes this song great" on Go Your Own Way, it was taken off youtube but is still available here:

https://flatfiv.com/blogs/rick-beato/what-makes-this-song-great-ep-12-fleetwood-mac
    Very interesting. I've dug up some more stuff for completeness  :)

• fnptfnpt Frets: 765
    Freebird said:
    Rocker said:
    Why is this a news item?
    Rumours is one of the top 5 albums of all time,
    I'm sorry, what? And I do enjoy FM very much but with so many great bands and thousands of albums released in 50 or 60 years to say Rumours is in the top 5 of all time is a bit over the top.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • richhrichh Frets: 459
    If it is top 5 in terms of sales, that is objectively true though.  I don't know if that's the case.  If it is somebody's opinion that is one of the 5 best albums musically, that is his subjective opinion, so you still can't really argue with that - we'll all have different opinions.

It must be up there with Thriller, Dark Side of the Moon, etc, certainly top 20 in terms of sales I'd have thought?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StavrosStavros Frets: 383
    I love my brick
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1760
    Gassage said:

I'd put him alongside Finn

So did Fleetwood Mac, it seems
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2018
    richh said:
    If it is top 5 in terms of sales, that is objectively true though.  I don't know if that's the case.  If it is somebody's opinion that is one of the 5 best albums musically, that is his subjective opinion, so you still can't really argue with that - we'll all have different opinions.

It must be up there with Thriller, Dark Side of the Moon, etc, certainly top 20 in terms of sales I'd have thought?
    Fleetwood Mac are one of only 5 double-diamond artists in US music history.

Of course if it was a personal musical opinion, there would be millions of top 5 albums