HX Effects Stereo Out/Sum question, if using pedalboard interface...

RandomGeckoRandomGecko Frets: 320
If I have my HX hooked up in stereo to a pedalboard junction box/interface, but only run into one amp, if I only hear the left side, is that the same as running in mono, or is the mono usually a summed signal? 

Obviously if you run in mono as per any "normal" setup, say using the FX loop of an amp, and you set run a stereo delay, it sums that, but if you run a mono delay, come out of the HX in stereo, but only use say the left side, is that half a signal or is it sending an equally strong signal down both channels... if that makes sense?

Thanks in advance!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    edited October 2018
    Tbh I have no idea what you're asking but from the Helix perspective my understanding is that a given stereo output will sum to mono if only the left channel jack is connected.  I have no idea whether that's done by the Helix detecting the physical presence/absence of the right channel jack or whether it is done by detecting that the right channel is open circuit or something else.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29137
    If your patch box connects to both outputs of the Helix then for stereo outputs the two will differ.

You could, I reckon, make a controller per patch that monos the output, and control that from an external toggle switch... 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."