Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Top 40 best selling studio albums, according to Radio 2...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 981
    edited October 2018
    This news just in.... people have different taste in music. Popular records are likely to be inoffensive, middle of the road, lowest common denominator type BS and therefore not appealing to the 'informed'. Finally it seems artistic value and commercial viability are rarely bedfellows. When they are - something special is happening. 

So in answer to your question @StefB the world in which Keane and Take That have sold more records than the UTTERLY TERRIBLE ones you mention is the world we live in
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22854
    I only have Rumours and Dark Side of the Moon.

I had War of the Worlds and Bat out of Hell, but sold them both about 35 years ago.  I feel like I probably should own Sgt Pepper and Tubular Bells, but couldn't give a shit about anything else in that list.
  • Out of that list I've got:

Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill
    Jeff Wayne - The War of the Worlds
    U2 - The Joshua Tree
    Shania Twain - Come on Over (though it's the American country album, not the UK pop version)
    Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon
    Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory?

Apart from the Floyd and Jeff Wayne album I've not listened to any of the above in the last ten years or maybe more. I suspect my taste will match more with the US/global list where there will be some Led Zeppelin, AC/DC etc.

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I bet Jeff Wayne wishes he’d done more double concept albums based on Victorian Science Fiction novels rather than trying to resurrect ELO for the umpteenth time.*

*this is a joke
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hold on,  James Blunt at number 15 ?  Whatever next !!!
    “Ken sent me.”