missing hofner trem arm

What's Hot

i was chatting to a mates dad last night and he has got an old hofner guitar, not sure what the model is but it looks like this

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee512/bandmaster188/2606101080_HR_zpsac2e2e58.jpg

the trem arm went walk about many years ago and he's on the hunt for a new one. now he swears black and blue that the trem arm looks like the one pictured here

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee512/bandmaster188/KGrHqZngE-5UJRT-wBP0mSKOSw60_35_zps9e53109a.jpg

and not like the one shown in the first pic. has anyone got one kicking about in theirs spares drawer (wishfull thinking) or would anyone know where to obtain a part like this. he has tried a few places but with no joy.

any help would be gratefully received

cheers!

The Swamp City Shakers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7881
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The Swamp City Shakers
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72835
    That's a Galaxie, and I think they did come with both types of arm at different times. The one in the top pic should possibly have a black plastic tip on it.

I had one many years ago that had already been bastardised in other ways when I got it so I couldn't say for sure whether it was original.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • just reviving this thread incase anyone has any info.

cheers!

The Swamp City Shakers
  • Have you tried Here - I've had bits from them before and they were really helpful to deal with - found me a tailpiece and some tuners that weren't on their web site ..

• cheers for that jooky. will pass it on.
    The Swamp City Shakers