Master Volume on a non master volune amp.

Anybody recommend anybody that could do this. I have a synergy 30 head and I love it. It’s just to loud for my room.

i was thinking about adding a master volume, or would you go with a attenuators 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72642
    An attenuator is much easier and probably no more expensive, depending on how difficult the amp is to work on.

The only problem is finding which attenuator would be most suitable... they vary, and can be quite amp-dependent. You need to find someone who has tried one with it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    edited October 2018
    L-pad is your cheapest option, worth a try. They can work very well with some amps - I use one with my tweed Princeton and it is brilliant.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72642
    Gagaryn said:
    L-pad is your cheapest option, worth a try. They can work very well with some amps - I use one with my tweed Princeton and it is brilliant.
    Pushing it for a 30W amp though, if you’re trying to overdrive it. The “100W” rating on the standard ones isn’t the real electrical power rating, it’s for the original purpose which was as a treble attenuator in full-range systems of up to 100W. I would be careful with using one with a cranked guitar amp of over about 20W.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    True - barely gets warm with my amp but different story with a bigger amp I imagine.