Red Dead Redemption 2

What's Hot

Comments

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    I'd like to wish all forum members a merry xmas and a happy new year....

on the basis that once I pick this up today I wont be doing anything else for quite a while!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1334
    terada said:
    Waiting for Amazon to deliver my PS4 and RDR. Theres a chance I won't be playing this weekend if they don't get their act together - not even out for delivery!
    I didn't preorder from Amazon because both the item page and their customer services chat both said that delivery would be Saturday 27th and not the day of release.

I've just picked up my copy and I'm trying to fight my son for control of the Xbox.  Bloody half term!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Enjoying the game so far, though only just got through the linear introductory chapter. The game is certainly a looker in 4K once you're out of the blizzards.

Writing and acting is excellent. And one feels a bit more grounded in the world compared to many open world adventures as you can interact with any NPC, even if it's just to say hello.

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 146
    My copy is sat at home while I wait impatiently for work to finish. My son's school has thoughtlessly put on it's firework display tonight, so the earliest I will get to play on the game is going to be about 9:30. I've waited years for this sequel, but the last few hours are the hardest...  :/
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    Enjoying the game so far, though only just got through the linear introductory chapter. The game is certainly a looker in 4K once you're out of the blizzards.

Writing and acting is excellent. And one feels a bit more grounded in the world compared to many open world adventures as you can interact with any NPC, even if it's just to say hello.

I'm just at that bit where you come out of the snow - the Mrs was in the room and even she said how amazing it looks in 4k.

Really good to see Marston again too :)
  • Im a bit fo a gamer but have never played a Red Dead game as the "American western" setting didn't really appeal.  So, is the gameplay good enough to get past that?

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4213
    And the install begins ;)
  • BodBod Frets: 1334
    sweepy said:
    And the install begins ;)
    ...and takes forever.  It took 90 minutes on my Xbox. 
    Doing the housework whilst it installs ;)
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1870
    sweepy said:
    That's not going to get you in character, is it?

Or, is this where you accrue enough brownie points for the weekend?
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    Sesh said:
    sweepy said:

Lol I wish, I'm my Wife's carer and to top that our Daughter is here Post Op and having picked up an infection, so I have 2 Drama Llamas to cope with ;)

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1489
    sweepy said:
    Sesh said:
    sweepy said:

Lol I wish, I'm my Wife's carer and to top that our Daughter is here Post Op and having picked up an infection, so I have 2 Drama Llamas to cope with ;)

LOL. I'm using this in future. 
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1870
    sweepy said:
    Sesh said:
    sweepy said:
    Doing the housework whilst it installs

Lol I wish, I'm my Wife's carer and to top that our Daughter is here Post Op and having picked up an infection, so I have 2 Drama Llamas to cope with

Well I hope you get sometime in the saddle this weekend.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    edited October 2018

I went to my first (and last) midnight launch last night - surrounded by 150 extras from  The Big Bang theory who all smelled of Body odour and Energy drinks .

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27623
    I’ve been in Japan, so preloaded via the app hoping to play once I get home. Sadly, I don’t have the required 90gb+ of space, so I’m going to have to clear that when I get home *then* wait for the download & install.. :(
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2941
    This game may bring me out of video game retirement :) looks awesome.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I started playing yesterday. Found the first couple of hours pretty dull but kind of expected that - it's the training section I suppose. Now I'm out in the world and things are looking better. Still getting used to the controls - have shot a coupe of innocent folk accidentally when all I wanted to do was say hello and now have warrants on my head in a couple of towns. :-( 
  • Gagaryn said:
    I started playing yesterday. Found the first couple of hours pretty dull but kind of expected that - it's the training section I suppose. Now I'm out in the world and things are looking better. Still getting used to the controls - have shot a coupe of innocent folk accidentally when all I wanted to do was say hello and now have warrants on my head in a couple of towns. :-( 
    You can go to the post office in those towns and pay off your fine. Just find the envelope looking marker on the map. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1016
    edited October 2018
    sticker said:

I went to my first (and last) midnight launch last night - surrounded by 150 extras form The Big Bang theory who all smelled of Body odour and Energy drinks .

@sticker ;;

Have heard something similar before --> https://compete.kotaku.com/smash-players-plead-with-each-other-to-please-for-the-1826150759

watched some reviews on Gamspot/IGN & wow, it looks incredible.  Crazy attention to detail.  I don’t expect a reply,I’m sure you are all enjoying it.  Every review so far has mentioned the horses bollocks!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2755
    This looks great.    I haven’t played games for years - I assume if I bought the basic PS4 package it will all be fine or is it worth getting one with a bigger hd or the pro version?