SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS £70 Fender WIde Range pup from 72 AVRI

Caffeine_VampireCaffeine_Vampire Frets: 3487
edited October 2018 in Parts £
Fender Wide Range pup pulled from my American Vintage ‘72 Custom in favour of a Seth Lover original Wide Range I’ve had kicking around for some time. Weirdly, I actually prefer the AVRI version, it’s certainly easier to work with, very evenly balanced with just the right amount of kick but I’m determined to persevere with the Seth version so on with the sale. 

https://i.imgur.com/9He9HbJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OpyTZC3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OJMqsA0.jpg
'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Are the pickups in the AVRIs the same as theMexican ones, i.e. a standard humbucker under a Fender cover that is padded with wax/cotton, or are these proper Wide Range copies with the threaded polepieces?
  • Are the pickups in the AVRIs the same as theMexican ones, i.e. a standard humbucker under a Fender cover that is padded with wax/cotton, or are these proper Wide Range copies with the threaded polepieces?
    Honestly, I’m not sure. I do recall reading that these were voiced especially for this model but I can’t remember where. Weirdly, I actually prefer it to the original Seth Wide Range I have in the guitar now. 
    Honestly, I’m not sure. I do recall reading that these were voiced especially for this model but I can’t remember where. Weirdly, I actually prefer it to the original Seth Wide Range I have in the guitar now. 
    Then stick it back and flog the old one
    Might do. 
    Might do.