How Many Amps?

What's Hot

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Roland said:
    Clarky said:

of the several million amps I have [in the Axe-FX], the ones I use most are:

65 Bassman
    Two Rock
    Dumble (Bludojai)
    Bognor Shiva
    and the cool thing is… 
    if you fancy goofing with something else, you ain't got to go to a shop to try it..
    and if you like it.. you don't have to save up..
    yaaaayyyy ! ! !
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PyromanPyroman Frets: 58

That's how I feel, too Clarky.   It sure is nice to have a '65 Twin reverb clean AND  '59 Bassman all pushed and crunchy in the same amp.  Plus 10 more as well.   AND no need to haunt the pedal section of the store for those hard to find vintagey or studio fx- they're in there, too!

My Mustang may not have the cachet of an Axe fx, but it doesn't have the pricetag, either.   Really, this is the main reason I just can't pull the trigger on one of the many great valve amps I've lusted after.  They don't do this!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Deluxe Reverb - main amp, used for pretty much everything these days
    Blues Junior Tweed - owned for a few years before the DR came along so I'm quite attached to it. Will most likely be a backup amp in the event I start playing out more.
    Microcube - for occasions when I want something easily portable, or for playing in another part of the house 

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775

JCM 800 2x12 combo

Bogner Mojado

Tweed Deluxe

JTM-45

Line 6 HD147 (almost forgot about that one)

Various 1x12 & 2x12 cabs

The Bogner & JTM get most use these days, the rest were bought to better suit bands I've previously played with (my excuse and I'm sticking to it) not just for the sake of it ;)

• davedavedavedave Frets: 114
    My missus would say this is too many but I'm in three bands (which she would say is too many).

My bass rig is 2x Matamp gt200s, a6x10 and a 2x12.
    I also have a Matamp built White 100 and a matching Fane loaded 4x12. The head is good for guitar and bass.

Guitar wise, head wise I have a Matamp Minimat, a GT40, a Weinbrock Gringo, MJW Bantam and I'm picking up a Mango Duo18 at the end of the month.
    I've got a nice selection of cabs to chose from too.

Actually, the good lady might be correct. Luckily, one big box looks like another and half my stuff is hidden at my lock up.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    Jalapeno said:
    I have a lot .....

Blimey Mick!!

That's some good hiding going on!
    I'm definitely in excess of quota, I need to get rid of a few (and be seen to be downsizing would earn points too ;) )

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Well..

Mesa boogie studio 22 combo. I wanted an upgrade on my old Marshall valvestate and saw this cheap on eBay.

Marshall JCM800 combo. Was local and cheap on eBay.

Marshall JCM 800 bass combo. Ditto.

Ferrograph. Was a busted reel to reel tape recorder that a mate helped me turn into a guitar amp a bit like a AC4.

Groove tubes STPG. Bought it busted and cheap on eBay. Same guy fixed it up for me. Currently building a cab to go with it.

Roland micro cube. Wanted a battery amp just for testing guitars when messing about with pickups. Found this cheap in cash converters and now it's my most used amp in all honesty.

So basically I'm a cheapskate with a GAS problem.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2346
    Hughes kettner statesman dual el34 head. Paired with zilla 2x12 cab. Been my main gigging amp for a year.
    Hughes kettner statesman combo dual 6l6. recent purchase for if icantbe bothered taking a head and cabout.
    Deluxe reverb. Used to gig it. Don't do much with it these days.
    Silverface pro reverb. Erm not sure why I still have this although it sounds awesome.
    Ashdown radiator for my acoustic.
    Fender mustang for noodling when on computer.
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Fender Princeton non-reverb Blackface
    Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface
    Lazy J20
    THR10

:)

• RigsbyRigsby Frets: 62

I currently have 6 amps and one on order. All used for different purposes and different bands that I play in.

Blackstar HT1

Blackstar HT5 for home use.

Cornford Roadhouse 30 Combo gigged continously

Cornford Roadhouse 50 Head back up but gigged regularly.

Blackstar HT60 again gigged regularly until the Cornfords came into the stable

Bogner Ecstacy 101B been gigged a few times but gathering dust over the last 2 years.

Lazy J20 on order!

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1044
    just 2 - an Engl SE670, which does everything, and then a Blackstar HT5, which is really useful for smaller gigs/teaching etc. Had it a few years now and it's one of the most useful bits of kit I've ever got. 

Oh, also got an old 70's Marshall 'Country Club Combo', which is very broken. If anyone knows where I can take it to get it repaired and refurbished let me know ! (off to check Marshall site now actually...)
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1284
    Mesa 5:25 - super compact, does pretty well everything reasonably well and a few things stunningly well. All the amp I'll ever need really....

...which kind of begs the question of why I've also got a Fender Superchamp (orginal Rivera era one rather than the modern XD version) which is even more compact while still sounding like a proper grown-up amp (particularly since I swapped the original speaker for a Tayden Ace 25) and an Ampmaker SE5a.

Actually it doesn't - I've had the Fender since I bought it new with my first Telecaster in the mid '80s. Not only am I kind of fond of them but together they're the clean tone of the gods and do a nice line in punky, rumbustious, raucous filth. The Ampmaker kit I bought, build, and keep largely for the sake of the build and because I can :-)
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3856
    I have one for gigs, one for practising at home. Seems enough to me 
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 357
    edited April 2014
    1 Stiletto Deuce
    2 Blackstar 1x12 cab
    3 Nomad 45 4x10
    4 H&K Attax 80
    5 Cornford Hurricane
    6 Two Rock
    7 Portable Boss BR80 practice thing
    8 Amplitube

3 and 4 are up for sale, 3 because the two rock is just so much easier to move about.  1/2 (if I can bear to part with it, although I did pass up a marvellous amp for it because it is seriously good, if a mite overpowered for my needs) is available for trade for something sweet.  5 and 6 stay with me.

Edit: and a carlsbro bass cab, which is free to anyone who wants it.  It has eminence Deltas in.
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Hi all :)

I've got 5 but trying to get rid off (selling) 3 of them. :D

- Mark Bass Acoustic
    - Yamaha THR10
    - Fender Mustang III v1 (selling)
    - Marshall VS-100 (selling)
    - Line 6 Spider III 15 (selling)
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    edited April 2014
    Laney LC30II and a Peavey Classic 30 as back up............ and a Crate Powerblock for those 'if all else fails' moments. 

I am currently GAS'sing for a Fender something or other but I am one of the world's worst prevaricators, so I guess it ain't about to happen anytime soon 8-|
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    edited April 2014
    My herd are:

Matamp 1224 - bought because I thought that it would cover all angles (particularly volume wise) for home and a bit of rehearsal.
    AC30cc1
    1963 Selmer Futurama - because I wanted a really cheap bass home practise amp
    1973 Sound City 50 Plus
    Roland Cube 30x

Then I got into amp kits (thanks Barry@Ampmaker) and built:

WF-55 that has become a Champ clone
    SE5a head
    18watt TMB head built to Ceriatone schematic
    5E3 Tweed built from parts sourced by me

And the one that I really shouldn't have sold - fender twin reverb reissue - because they just sound great, even at home levels. Considering buying a TAD 5E8 or 5F8A kit to build at home as a replacement.

• downbytheriverdownbytheriver Frets: 1069
    edited April 2014
    Lazy J 20H
    Fender deluxe reverb 68 RI
    Victoria 20112
    Fender Blues Junior Tweed (Jensen)
    Fender Blues Junior 3
    Fender Blues Junior 2 x 2
    Rocky amp by Moog
    Ashdown Radiator 2
    Blackstar 1W head (no cab, used as a preamp into the PA for an archtop)
    Session Blues Baby (still looking for a cab for this)

The Victoria is out of the door on Tuesday! See? I can be sensible. I'm going to miss it....
  • ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    edited April 2014
    I want to be a one amp kinda guy but I have 4 main amps:

Traynor YCV50 - I'd love this to be my gigging amp but it's busted when played for over 30mins at a time. Simple and fun amp though.

Hughes and kettner tubemeister 36 - main gigging amp, bit of a workhorse that gets the job done well but I'm not in love with because it's been a little unreliable and has a horrible eq section.

Blackheart little giant - decent head but a bit much for the bedroom and a little bit too little for gigs. Small gigs it's awesome for though.

AMT Stonehead - really decent amp for home or gigging. Switching is a little bit of a pain on it live though so doesn't always come out but I do love it!

Basically I think what I really need to do is get a kemper, profile the Traynor and Blackheart at their peeks, then I'll be happy. I seriously think in the future a decent 50-100w single channel head and some good drive pedals would keep me happier all around though.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1630
    Two Rock Jet.
    Carr Viceroy.
    1971 Deluxe Reverb.
    1972 Princeton Reverb.
    Roland JC77.
    GK150MB for bass