13»

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    axisus said:
    I'd forgotten that G&R started off looking like a poncey hair band
    What?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23534
    No info pack yet at my end but initial chat with the Fender UK guys and what we know so far is a USA production version so I dare say along the lines of other signature models like the Clapton, Beck, Johnson models etc etc - no prices yet  and not sure if this is a one off with a limited run/supply or part of a continual run like an EC Strat
    Which is quite unusual, I can't think of any other mass-production USA signature models with a graphic finish.  There were the Wayne Kramer, KWS and Buddy Guy models with graphics, but they were all MIM.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14711
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    No info pack yet at my end but initial chat with the Fender UK guys and what we know so far is a USA production version so I dare say along the lines of other signature models like the Clapton, Beck, Johnson models etc etc - no prices yet  and not sure if this is a one off with a limited run/supply or part of a continual run like an EC Strat
    Which is quite unusual, I can't think of any other mass-production USA signature models with a graphic finish.  There were the Wayne Kramer, KWS and Buddy Guy models with graphics, but they were all MIM.
    looks like it will be officially a global launch at NAMM in late Jan 2019 - No prices, allocations or orders until then - So for now we get to develop the 'hype' and we get official info later
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2444

The other is a Paul Weller Master Built model - no quantities issued yet or indeed price, but expect one to be low and one to be high - Not even been told about allocations yet of this - all will apparently be relieved soon - Not even sure if we can order one as it might just be allocated to big accounts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Loving that typo.....just trying to picture him building a guitar!
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31905
    rico said:
    axisus said:
    I'd forgotten that G&R started off looking like a poncey hair band
    What?
    Did I blink and miss the time when they weren't? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 998
    usedtobe said:
    impmann said:
    Gives me an excuse to share the greatest opening track on any debut album ever IMHO. And yes, all the guitar sounds are the Dragon Tele

https://youtu.be/FSiUTSJ2NWY
    It really is fantastic, isn’t it! Still blows me away after all these years!
    another contender ....