JMP Superbass:) Last of the 4 input model.

What's Hot
Any thoughts on a best or good 4x12 cab to partner one of these for guitar use?
Given the output G12M's seem unlikely - I fancy something G12h orientated but that seems to be a Marshall handwired job as a new buy. The Orange 50th anniversary cab did come with these, but have'nt seen any second hand. Would Celestian V30's or a mix work well?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72827
    Strung Out Guitars in Glasgow have the exact right cab for your amp - late-70s bass model angle 4x12" with Blackback G12H-30s. The grille cloth has been replaced but it's otherwise original and in good condition as far as I remember. It won't be on the website yet because it belongs to one of the staff. Not sure about shipping cost though, could be a bit heavy... unless you're anywhere near Glasgow.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thats certainly the kind of thing i'm after. Looking at1982B cabs usually.(Strangely large numbers down south or up in Scotland somewhere) Strung out have a Marshall 1960 'reliced' on the site. Not sure quite what that means? Would that be the cab your suggesting? 120 watt rating fits the bill. Midlands based but shall enquire. Mant thanks.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72827
    Thats certainly the kind of thing i'm after. Looking at1982B cabs usually.(Strangely large numbers down south or up in Scotland somewhere) Strung out have a Marshall 1960 'reliced' on the site. Not sure quite what that means? Would that be the cab your suggesting? 120 watt rating fits the bill. Midlands based but shall enquire. Mant thanks.
    No, that's a reissue 1960TV with 75Hz G12M-25 Greenbacks and also has the grille changed, but less well!

The one you want was mine a while back and has 55Hz G12H-30s, correct for a 1982 - it is an A though. The current owner of it is using it with a '77 Super Bass but it's just a bit too big for their flat really ;).

Shipping is possible, they should be able to get a box from one of the local distributors, but I don't know how expensive.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Cheers - have mailed them with enquiry. Hope it does'nt shove the asking price up.