This looks like a good idea

What's Hot
skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4244
edited November 2018 in Guitar
 Choose at least 5 pedals, start a subscription and get them for a month each to try:

www.tonebuddy.co.uk

It's something to do with Sound Affects I think: was linked in an email from them.

What does everyone think?
Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6886
    The ideas been done a couple times before and I believe with not much success. 

If I were inclined I could just order a pedal online, test it, use it for a recording etc, and as long as I keep it pristine and box it back up, just send it back for a full refund under Dsr. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6886
    Im confused having looked at it.. 

So theres an annual subscription for £300, which has a minimum rental term
    of 2 weeks.. but I presume that means you can go nuts and every 2 weeks for a year get a new pedal to try? 

Then theres the 'pedal subscription' for £30 with no minimum rental term.. So is that for all 5 selected pedals over a month, Or £30 per pedal for a month, and you must have 5, so £150..

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • I didn't look too much into the prices (mainly because I didn't want to realise I could afford to do it!), but that does seem a little strange

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Sound Affects are in Ormskirk although different address.

Yeh, two or three previous attempts at doing something similar ( one regularly posted on here for a while) that all seem to have disappeared. Good luck to them but history suggests they won’t make a fortune. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Sound Affects are in Ormskirk although different address.

Yeh, two or three previous attempts at doing something similar ( one regularly posted on here for a while) that all seem to have disappeared. Good luck to them but history suggests they won’t make a fortune. 
    I guess it would be something that people would try, and then stop quite quickly because they'd realise they were spending a load of money on pedals (or even worse, spending a load of money and not having any pedals at the end of it)

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5500
    The idea might just be to drive people just buy the ones they like outright... can see them sending out special offers to people who have rented on specific gear... so not really to profit much on the actual rental service. Not to mention the data available on "market interest" ...
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 929
    Sorry to drag this thread up again 18 months later, but is anyone doing this? Thoughts on it? It just came to mind as a way to try a bunch of Chase Bliss stuff I'd never be able to justify owning and wondered if anyone's got any experience to share.