SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

No longer for sale

GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
edited April 2014 in Amps £
Bit of an odd one here;

I purchased this valve special intending to put it into a new cabinet, new speaker and do lots of upgrades etc.

One thing lead to another (+ buying 3 more amps did not help) and I don't have the time or need to finish this anymore.

It currently has TAD 12AX7's in the preamp, and a Sovtek EL84 in the power section.

I replaced the output transformer with a Hammond 125ESE - a 15W monster which is sometimes used (mainly it's little brother the 125DSE).

Here is the catch - the amp now hums - it does it with no instrument connected, and is the same no matter what the volume (transformer ground?).

I have disconnected the terrible effects, replaced the knobs with vintage fender style and drilled a hole on the control panel to move some pots around.

I will include an A3 sheet of matt 3mm black perspex I was going to use for a new control panel + the original transformer and the old parts.

cost me a good £200, so how does £150 posted sound?  Transformer alone cost £58 and is pretty much 'unused'!

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom