Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Roland / Boss Nextone - new amp line

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Not sure if these are a successor to the Roland Blues Cube line?
    Could be, but what a crap name. The Roland Cube is an established brand name .. the Roland Blues Cube .. let me see .. a solid state blues amp. Easy to understand .. Nextone sounds like a name Line 6 rejected ... it's pants. Is it Next one or Nex tone?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    Fretwired said:

Could be, but what a crap name. The Roland Cube is an established brand name .. the Roland Blues Cube .. let me see .. a solid state blues amp. Easy to understand .. Nextone sounds like a name Line 6 rejected ... it's pants. Is it Next one or Nex tone?
    I'm not keen on the Nextone name either, but personally I wouldn't play an amp with Blues Cube written on the front, it just screams middle-aged fake blues poser.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7714
    ICBM said:
    personally I wouldn't play an amp with Blues Cube written on the front, it just screams middle-aged fake blues poser.
    ...my signature amp then... 
    Red ones are better. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    ICBM said:
    Fretwired said:

I'm not keen on the Nextone name either, but personally I wouldn't play an amp with Blues Cube written on the front, it just screams middle-aged fake blues poser.
    But that's the target market. You're the type of blues guy who'd have a vintage Fender Tweed tube amp .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    Fretwired said:

But that's the target market. You're the type of blues guy who'd have a vintage Fender Tweed tube amp .. :-)
    I'm the type of blues guy who would have a Mesa Trem-o-verb :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein