2 gigs I saw

jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
edited November 2018 in Music
Last Saturday I saw Soft Machine live in Aldershot. John Ethridge on guitar, he played a Martin Booth and also had his own signature Fret-King custom. I couldn't see his pedals though he and sax player Theo Travis both had TC Flashbacks. Ethridge used a Two-Rock amp and cab. Drummer John Marshall is now 77 but still plays as superbly as he ever did, however Roy Babbington on bass seems to have lost some facility and it looked like he has bad arthritis from the way he was handling the bass.  A good gig though, very enjoyable and bloody loud at times!

Last night I saw Jim Mullen and his wife singer Zoe Francis at a pub in Betchworth, playing with guitarist Shane Hill (I know him! Jaw-droppingly good jazz player) and sax player Jo Fooks.   I have followed Jim since the 1970s and love his playing and unique style.
Both of these were small gigs which I much prefer these days to big concerts.  Jim is playing with his old band Kokomo fairly near me next month, may take that one in too.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    That sounds like two very enjoyable giigs @jdgm. What a great line-up of musos. Jim Mullen particularly a long-term favourite of mine. When I saw Theo Travis a year or two ago he had Mike Outram playing with him. That was quite a gig!
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15976
    Image result for ryan giggs

Image result for ryan giggs
    tae be or not tae be