NGD - Andy Wood Tele

VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
Finally got my hands on the Andy Wood Tele :) 
And after tagging him on Instagram I got a comment back from him.
The Thornbuckers are really cracking, Can also switch between series/parallel by pulling the tone knob out and getting a wee bit more of a single coil sound.
Gotoh trem is great too and no locking nut - just locking tuners.
The finish, although hard to see in this, is textured.
Suhr describe the process "Prior to the satin finish being applied, the body is torched by hand, burning away part of the grain in the wood. The result is a unique feeling guitar, where the grain is felt through the satin finish."
The silver pickguard is actually aluminium - not sure how long that will go without being scratched by picks - we'll see

Used it at rehearsal on Tues, quite a different neck profile and flat board compared to my other Tele so it will take a wee bit of time to get used to but gigging it this weekend.

https://www.suhr.com/instruments/andy-wood/

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4011
    edited November 2018
    Yes!

I really hope you don't struggle so much with the flatter radius that you have to sell this off at a cut price, to me.

Did you import this yourself or was it already in the country?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    prlgmnr said:
    Yes!

I really hope you don't struggle so much with the flatter radius that you have to sell this off at a cut price, to me.

Did you import this yourself or was it already in the country?
    The flat radius threw me a bit at rehearsal compared to when I just going into the Edinburgh GuitarGuitar and playing it for the last month (most lunch breaks.....) - standing up playing it felt a bit different too but it's got enough of a chunk in the neck that the flatness shouldn't be an issue! :)

The string spacing is a bit different too I think as I kept missing the G string but that's all fairly normal until you get used to a guitar. Sounded great tho - Helix direct to PA
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    :Sunglasses: Killer player!