Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Did you get anything today (Black Friday)?

What's Hot

Comments

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1958
    Boss Katana 50. The presets sound awful, but I think it's actually quite a nice amp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    dindude said:
    I picked up one of these. I really don’t shred at all, but there’s something so iconic about them - at the price they were going for I’m happy to stick it under the bed and pull it out every 3 months for a bit of midlife crisis action.

https://i.imgur.com/v4gvEzW.jpg

that's a tiny washing machine
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Decided having my car fixed is too depressing an outcome - so done a deal on a new Golf which I’ll be picking up on Friday. Good job I sold my vintage 335 earlier in the year....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    Decided having my car fixed is too depressing an outcome - so done a deal on a new Golf which I’ll be picking up on Friday. Good job I sold my vintage 335 earlier in the year....

Wow - new as in brand-new?  I think you win the internet today!  :)

• Nitefly said:
    Decided having my car fixed is too depressing an outcome - so done a deal on a new Golf which I’ll be picking up on Friday. Good job I sold my vintage 335 earlier in the year....

Wow - new as in brand-new?  I think you win the internet today!  :)

To be fair a generous p/ex on my four and a half year old Focus, a sizeable manfacturer contribution to the deposit and Black Friday discount helped. The fact that the place was deserted and they had the car in stock made for a very successful negotiation.

It will mean no new guitar-related stuff for the foreseeable....
  • Got £40 off a Fitbit Versa and £10 off some Soundmagic earphones from Amazon.
    Unfortunately the robbing b*****d of a courier decided he would like to keep them for himself.
    Currently awaiting replacements.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    bobblehat said:
    Got £40 off a Fitbit Versa and £10 off some Soundmagic earphones from Amazon.
    Unfortunately the robbing b*****d of a courier decided he would like to keep them for himself.

@bobblehat ;

similar happened to me last year, £230 Sennheiser headphones sent in their box just inside a clear plastic bag with my name/address stuck on.  Courier swiped them...a day or 2 later I received the replacement pair.
  • Not particularly exciting but was going to but a couple of packs of NY XLs and Guitar Guitar had the 2 pack with tuner bundle for £20. They sell the strings at £15 per pack normally, and I can always use a clip on tuner so saved some money and wasn't coerced into parting with any cash. 
  • duotone said:
    bobblehat said:

@bobblehat ;

similar happened to me last year, £230 Sennheiser headphones sent in their box just inside a clear plastic bag with my name/address stuck on.  Courier swiped them...a day or 2 later I received the replacement pair.
    Its a bit bizarre. Amazon told me they could see on their tracker that he was outside my house but he said that he left it with a receptionist called Albert! 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    bobblehat said:
    duotone said:
    bobblehat said:

@bobblehat ;

Its a bit bizarre. Amazon told me they could see on their tracker that he was outside my house but he said that he left it with a receptionist called Albert! 
    Ah sounds like you have more information than I got.  All it said online was ‘with courier & out for delivery’ then later on something like ‘failed delivery’ please contact us.

tbf to Amazon they sent a replacement out really fast, but I was looking forward to relaxing on that Saturday afternoon and listening to loads of music  =)
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    I bought Forza Horizon 4 and Monument Valley 2, both on offer, and both things I'd have bought anyway.

MY VIRTUE IS SIGNALLING BRIGHTER THAN YOURS.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Somewhat hypocritically given my Mustaine-meme post in the similarly titled thread BCD, I ordered a mixed bag of guitar parts and accessories I was going to buy from Mr. T anyway from another German music retailer who were offering 10% off everything. As the base price of a couple of items turned out to be lower than Mr. T's from the outset, this amounted to a nice little saving on things that aren't normally discounted. Which I promptly blew in a local caff today, partially on a somewhat substandard cookie. :cookie: :( #FoodFascism
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    I can understand that people get funny about it, especially the stampede for rubbish TV's etc. But if you are getting stuff that you would have bought anyway, then I say go ahead and make some savings while you can. 

• I bought a PRS S2 Mira Semi Hollow off a friend - don't really count as black friday I suppose, but he did special price, and I realised they're stopping making them for now, and I always really wanted one ... and it is vintage cherry, which is my favourite colour ...

Don't get to pick it up for a week though  :o ... but anticipation is the best, innit?  :)
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3447
    edited November 2018
    Less than I expected...
  • I bought a grey suit. Exciting 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4378

I bought a new pea coat, that wasn't in the sale, and a new cardigan that was.

I was sorely tempted by an Ulster coat, but I don't think I could carry it off, and I'd worry I would end up looking like a bald pirate.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    CHRISB50 said:

I was sorely tempted by an Ulster coat, but I don't think I could carry it off, and I'd worry I would end up looking like a bald pirate.

Aren't you worried that you'll look like a pea instead?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Sporky said:
    CHRISB50 said:

Aren't you worried that you'll look like a pea instead?
    If it's green, that is a concern
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27941
    I appear to have bought a rather nice Karen Millen dress, and a Radley handbag!

The former is size 10, so I’m just going to have to accept that it’ll fit my wife rather better than me, and the latter is green, which is just not “my colour”.

Guess that’s the danger of sale shopping - you end up with a load of impulse buys that you just don’t need
    :(

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom